Modern Camaro Forums banner

Where Do you Think the New Camaro Will be Built?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Inspired in part by the Oshawa thread. Where do you think the 5th Gen Camaro will be built? Will it be Canada, or the US? Or even, *gasp*, Mexico? I'm thinking Canada myself. I recall hearing sometime ago that GM had promised the Canadian Auto Workers union that if they brought back the Camaro, it would be built there.

·
Registered
861 Posts
well mexico could produce a affordable camaro with low labor costs and if you offered them a reasonable wage I am sure that the quality of the vehlce would be second to none! this is only my opinion. I honestly hope the camaro is made here in the united states

·
Registered
104 Posts
GM needs to make this camaro with as close to 100% USA parts and labor as they can afford. Then they can play the "american support" card as well as create a true AMERICAN classic :D.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I heard the camaro will be built beside the Impala and STS. Thats what I heard.I also heard that All three wil use the same platform (Imapala and sts wil be heavily modified of coarse).

·
Registered
104 Posts
OverAnxious said:
That's life I guess :BangHead:
Normally. However, GM could pull it off, and pull it off just as cheap as any other car maker could. No major sacrifices would need to be made, and the line "The only ALL AMERICAN sports car/muscle car/cruiser that's built here in america using quality american made products. Built just for the American in YOU."

However i do believe that's a hell of a dream. If that happens i'll be very amazed. :lol:

·
Registered
861 Posts
well if they ever start drilling for oil there and they find some I am sure that we would try to make them a state!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts