Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am frustrated by the lack of advertising for the Camaro. There is no realy Camaro commercial and if there is I havent seen it. Whats the deal ? My dealer said there has been a drop off lately which I guess is to be expected I just hope they start advertising for the car. Is it becuase of the govmnt involvement ? Is it a lack of funds ? Or os it a perception thing ? Will they start once more cars are available ? I dont know I do however want to see Camaros all over the place on billboards tv ads and in magazines. I am however obsessed with the car and I am wondering if its normal that I have gone to see my car every day since she arrived. The cars mpg and features for the price are very impressive so lets let the world know. why not ?:5go:

When we pulled up to the dealership and my son saw the car he freaked out screaming car over and over again. He has been playing with die cast camaros since he was able to play with toys. The reaction isnt too different than mine when I first saw the car, he is only 20 months old.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I am frustrated by the lack of advertising for the Camaro. There is no realy Camaro commercial and if there is I havent seen it. Whats the deal ? My dealer said there has been a drop off lately which I guess is to be expected I just hope they start advertising for the car. Is it becuase of the govmnt involvement ? Is it a lack of funds ? Or os it a perception thing ? Will they start once more cars are available ? I dont know I do however want to see Camaros all over the place on billboards tv ads and in magazines. I am however obsessed with the car and I am wondering if its normal that I have gone to see my car every day since she arrived. The cars mpg and features for the price are very impressive so lets let the world know. why not ?:5go:

When we pulled up to the dealership and my son saw the car he freaked out screaming car over and over again. He has been playing with die cast camaros since he was able to play with toys. The reaction isnt too different than mine when I first saw the car, he is only 20 months old.
Why would a company pay to advertise something that they can't build enough of? Sounds like they are doing the right thing :cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can't vouch for other areas, but in my local area the Camaro has advertised itself: because of mine and a couple of others driving around the local dealerships are selling Camaros as fast as they come off the truck--literally.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Advertising is on us. Everytime we drive our Camaro we advertise. Our pay was paying MSRP only. No better advertising then word of mouth and we have been doing a great job of advertising imo...;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
We are the current advertising. I have not seen a car on any lot here in Houston. Maybe bad timing but they are selling them as fast as they come off the truck. I saw a yellow V6 sit at Munday Chevrolet for a week. Only car I have seen last that long. No need to spend money on something that they can not keep production up with demand.
Now what are they going to do now that the dealers can't order all the V8's they need because they have to order so many V6's to get allocation on the V8.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Why would a company pay to advertise something that they can't build enough of? Sounds like they are doing the right thing :cool:
Id like to see some commercials even still

I dont think it would be a waste of money at all

im hoping as the supply builds up they get a real tail kicking advertising campaign

im looking foward to my own advertising campaign stating tuesday

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So do any of you think there will be an advertising campaign come next year ?

The current commercial the car is in would be a lot better if the car was a larger part of it IMO

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
There could be a good chance that advertising won't start until the 2011 model. It would be cool to see some ads but GM does not need to do that yet.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
As others said...no reason to spend millions+++ to advertise something that they can't build enough of. You won't much until they are sitting on dealers lots, unsold.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Id like to see some commercials even still

I dont think it would be a waste of money at all

im hoping as the supply builds up they get a real tail kicking advertising campaign

im looking foward to my own advertising campaign stating tuesday
Companies pay for advertising to get people to buy their products. When people are buying them faster than they can build them, advertising increases demand and makes people wait longer :D

GM didn't advertise their full size pickups for quite a few years, during that time the wait time for a special order was about 5-6 months :D

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Companies pay for advertising to get people to buy their products. When people are buying them faster than they can build them, advertising increases demand and makes people wait longer :D

GM didn't advertise their full size pickups for quite a few years, during that time the wait time for a special order was about 5-6 months :D
good points all,,, still want to see them everywhere for my own selfish reasons,, yes GM spend millions to satisfy Muck lol....;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Guess you don't watch TV or read magazines! Advertising is right there in every Chevy commercial. They are showing off all of the new product in almost every commercial - Malibu, Camaro, Traverse and Equinox - all silver vehicles. Also, the car has been on the cover of most magazines ( not only car books) and has been reported and reviewed in most newspapers, as well as countless stories on the internet. That's a ton of advertising at pretty cheap rates. In case you didn't notice, GM just went thru chapter 11 and the end result is limited resources. They will use these resources to get the most bang for the buck. Any smart businessman knows, you don't spend money you don't have where you don't need to. As others have pointed out as well, there's no need for Chevy to have a specific ad campaign for the Camaro at this time.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Guess you don't watch TV or read magazines! Advertising is right there in every Chevy commercial. They are showing off all of the new product in almost every commercial - Malibu, Camaro, Traverse and Equinox - all silver vehicles. Also, the car has been on the cover of most magazines ( not only car books) and has been reported and reviewed in most newspapers, as well as countless stories on the internet. That's a ton of advertising at pretty cheap rates. In case you didn't notice, GM just went thru chapter 11 and the end result is limited resources. They will use these resources to get the most bang for the buck. Any smart businessman knows, you don't spend money you don't have where you don't need to. As others have pointed out as well, there's no need for Chevy to have a specific ad campaign for the Camaro at this time.
guess I dont huh ,,I said the commercial should feature the Camaro more. I asked for opinions so disagreement doesnt bother me but I dont really dig your condescending tone.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I wouldn't be too smug about it. If GM doesn't sell about 80,000 2010s , we may not be seeing a 2012 model, and certainly not any 2014 update as rumored.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I wouldn't be too smug about it. If GM doesn't sell about 80,000 2010s , we may not be seeing a 2012 model, and certainly not any 2014 update as rumored.
They only need to sell about 38,000 to make that number in another 11 months maybe? The rest was done in the first 5 months. I think it's very do-able. That's about 790 units per week on average.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I advertised on I-10 from San Antonio to Houston and back today :D
I saw one other Camaro on the road during the trip, the rest was mostly gawks, oogling, and some picture taking. There were probably some Holy Sh!ts!! as I pulled out of a couple rest stops. What can i say, I had to get to highway speed, and they call it an acceleration lane.... so I did :lol:

·
Registered
402 Posts
You guys are correct, GM doesn't need to rely on a traditional advertising campaign. The demand is already evident, and they are selling them at, or beyond their expected projections. They are currently relying on the old "grass roots" network to spread the word and show the product; all the happy owners with their cars on the road. Free advertising has also come in the form of all the magazine articles, newspaper articles, TV news coverage, internet blogs and websites, etc.

I would say that they did put together a small video presentation that aired in theatres during the trailers leading up to the release of Transformers 2. And like some have said, at the end of most current Chevy ads; you'll see the Camaro in the model line-up. So, it's out there and the ground-swell is growing!

GM is showing some fiscal responsibility for not wasting resources at this time. When was the last time you saw Harley-Davidson do any national TV ads? Another manufacturer that enjoyed built-in high demand; until this down turn in the economy. They as smart as well and will do more focused-based advertising. ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts