Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone heard both Borla systems? (Touring and "S").

I'm going with 1 7/8" AR Headers w/cats and 3" pipes back to an axle back Borla system. I was originally going to go w/ the "S" system, but after hearing some complaints about drone...so, I'm leaning towards the Touring system. I don't want it obnoxiously loud and want as little drone as possible...just want it to sound mean.;)

Sooooo...has anyone heard the Touring system?

·
Registered
257 Posts
you could probably try youtube if you havent already. i think there was a video of borlas on there idk if they were touring though

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you could probably try youtube if you havent already. i think there was a video of borlas on there idk if they were touring though

Yup, tried that. The only "touring" sound clips I could find were on 'vettes...but they sounded pretty good.

I saw a bunch of camaro clips of AR headers w/ STOCK mufflers...they were plenty loud for me...so I'm thinking the "touring" system will be fine.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how come i dont see the stingers for the camaro? either full muffler or no muffler.. no straight thru designs

The systems borla offer are the "S" (stingers) and the "Touring". Both have mufflers, "S" is louder.

I still don't know which to buy...looking into magnaflow street series now as well.

·
Registered
257 Posts
i think borla and magnaflow sound great. but if i had to choose i would go with magnaflow. they just sound better than borla on the camaro

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was looking at the Magnaflow 3" cat back
i just don't know what header.. ARH i never see just the header only including xpipe..

ARH is a quality header...I was pretty impressed, they are beasts. I would think you can order just the headers, but for fitment issues, I'd get the whole package. You can get them w/ or w/o cats. If you get the mid-pipes, you can just go with an axle-back exhaust.

·
Registered
180 Posts
ARH is a quality header...I was pretty impressed, they are beasts. I would think you can order just the headers, but for fitment issues, I'd get the whole package. You can get them w/ or w/o cats. If you get the mid-pipes, you can just go with an axle-back exhaust.
is ARH 3"?
wanted to do as much 3" back as possible..
stainless steel works makes a 3" header but don't know how good they are with HP gain...
Future plan supercharger 3" really help it breathe then..

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
is ARH 3"?
wanted to do as much 3" back as possible..
stainless steel works makes a 3" header but don't know how good they are with HP gain...
Future plan supercharger 3" really help it breathe then..

YES...ARH's mide pipes/xpipes are 3" all the way back and end into 2.5" for use of stock mufflers. The actual headers come in 1-7/8" and a smaller version(1-3/4").

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
guess just have a shop modify to get rid of bottle neck

Most (if not all) of the axle back's I've seen are 2.5" because they're made to work with the stock system.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got the Borla S type axle back in Friday! Will install it this sunday! :thumbsup: I am also going with full ARH 1 7/8 headers later too.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I just got the Borla S type axle back in Friday! Will install it this sunday! :thumbsup: I am also going with full ARH 1 7/8 headers later too.
great to hear! can you post a vid, im intrested on how they sound

·
Registered
27 Posts
Most (if not all) of the axle back's I've seen are 2.5" because they're made to work with the stock system.
I also read somewhere of compression issues with larger systems. You would have to probably do a new tune with a 3" system. When I was at SOLO we talked about that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
congrats.. do before and after dyno
Yeah, for now it will just be the Borla Axle Back, ARH's are later, then I will have a Dyno Tune from SQR in Benbrook Tx. Maybe a LGX6 Cam too :D

I will post a Vid of the Borla when I put it on :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
I put the s type on my camaro. sounded great. then on saturday i put the long tube headers on from borla. sounded even better. i love it. just the sound i was looking for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice, I seen them on Borla's site that they offered some. I think LG MotorSports makes them for Borla. Im waiting to see them compare with ARH's stuff :thumbsup: Have you got it tuned yet? If so what did it put down

1 - 20 of 26 Posts