Modern Camaro Forums banner

Which one is sexier?

6K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Sandman 
#1 ·
#2 ·
In my most humble opinion, the 5th Generation is, by today's standards, the "sexier" machine. Larger wheels, lower profile tires, front grille, wider body, and the fact that it does not have that stupid looking (again, only my opinion) spoiler that looks like a female duck's tail feathers when she's attempting to mate.

That being said, the older Camaro is still quite impressive.

#3 ·
I would have to agree with Spok..... IMO- I would take your black 5th Gen over your blue 2nd Gen. Again, this is personal preference, as I've never been a big fan of the 2nd Gen Camaro, unless it's a split bumper. Even then, I prefer the short spoiler over the tall spoiler that so many of the 2nd Gen Camaro's had.

Now, if you were to show a picture of a 1st Gen Camaro with a 5th Gen Camaro; I'd pick the 1st Gen every time. For me, the 5th Gen is just too big and too heavy. As Spok mentioned, it's wider, which is one thing that I don't like about it. Not only that, but I'm not a fan of the over-sized, huge wheels. Anything over 19" is just over kill-IMO.

#4 ·
...you do realize where you're asking that question??? :D

the 5th gen of course. Only a 'Vette or a high-end pasta rocket can compete.

#5 ·
Hands down the 5th gen! Not that theres anything wrong with you 2nd gen, it's a beauty for sure. But IMO after '69' chevy started straying from what was a perfect design. With each subsequent design change they got further away from the classic lines that made Camaro what it was, eventually ending up with a sports car that bore none of the design traits of the original. No disrespect to our 4th gen owners. Then Chevy got it together and brought back the classic lines that made Camaro the "instant classic" it originally was and IMO is again! As a matter of fact, I think that the Gen 5s are the sexiest, baddest, most awe inspiring cars on the road right now! And if you have any doubt, go park yours by any Mushtang, vette or any other ride out there, (I'm talking about late models) and see which one gets the most attention!!!!

#8 ·
I have to say.... Im a fan of both the 2nd and 5th gens and it is a hard choice for me to make. thats why i have my 2nd gen T/A still...the 5th Gen i have does not have the history I have with the T/A but I like it as well... so i will have to go with a split dicission 50/50...

#20 ·
I had a 1978 Camaro Type LT for 12 years before I got my 2011 SS. It was very clean for a late 2nd gen but that's it. It had no power (stock 350 with stock TH350 trans), rattled everywhere, and rode bad. I have no regrets selling it other than its unique looks. The 2011 is everything I wanted my '78 to be, plus more.

#22 ·
both look great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.