Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confident that the only new camaro I could buy would have to be a convertible, and have to be a loaded SS. That car is a year off from what I am seeing here. Bit of a drag as I actually really like the car and am hella impatient.

Who else is in this slow boat?

·
Registered
166 Posts
i'm a year away because i refuse to make payments on a car i can't drive. be joining the marine corps at the end of May and have a couple years of straight training before i'd have time to get away and drive. but at least by then the HUD will be out :D

·
8,984 Posts
I am a year away because I want a CTSV.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I dont know how far away i am from buying a new camaro... i buy some lottery tickets and hope ill win enough to buy one as soon as i could but unless that happens it'll probably be a year until i could get mine how i want it

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am a year away because I want a CTSV.
That is a bad ass car. I am a huge fan of that segment, lean a little more towards the M3/C63 but contract with a Caddy dealer and they have a black one sitting in the showroom and its beautiful. :cool:

I have not driven the the V but have driven the DI CTS and it is a **** nice car. I am sure the V is very impressive.

·
8,984 Posts
I own a CTS that is ALL black.

I have also driven a 2008 3.6. One hell of a burnout! (rental, ask around about what I do to rentals)

I am about a year away from a V as I want a 2006 or 2007 as they have the bigger engine.

The CTS line is amazing in itself.

I just pulled all of the brakes this weekend as I had a rear squeak and my rear rotors were a tad scored, so I took them in to have them turned.

I also brought in my pads to mic them against new replacements.

My 2003 CTS has 55,000 miles on it and I have even wear ALL the way around, but this is the kicker: .02 mm of wear in 55,000 miles. Gotta love ceramics. Even better is my discs were only worn about the same.

I slapped everything back on with the turned rotors and it stops GREAT now.

Anyways, I want an ALL black one and I am going to test drive one out and see how the back seat is as I have two small kids and they are more important than going fast, not muc, but they still win. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw this car a few times, local chef here in phoenix who was a regular at local exotic car club GTG's. This thing was ferocious! Have you seen it before? He had all kinds of work done to it and was one car the actually looked good murdered out.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I rode in an old CTS-V not too long ago. It felt like my ass fell off, because the ride was harsher than a Jeep Wrangler's.

and dayum that cts looks great.

I heard the MY2009 V's are loads better, though. and with a ZR1 engine, it'd better be.

·
8,984 Posts
I saw this car a few times, local chef here in phoenix who was a regular at local exotic car club GTG's. This thing was ferocious! Have you seen it before? He had all kinds of work done to it and was one car the actually looked good murdered out.

I know Chef.

He sold it last year.

One Bad Ass V.

·
8,984 Posts
Nothing rides worse than a JEEP!

·
5thGen Supporter ^_^
145 Posts
This is going to sound retarded, way ahead of myself possibly but I am 2 years away.

I look at it this way, I can pay off my current car, keep here as a nice daily driver (She still only has 24,000 miles on her) and then I can pick up my SS/RS for my weekend/nice weather driver.

I like to make long term goals, helps me work harder for the things I want ;)

·
8,984 Posts
I bet as soon as you get the Camaro you will get rid of THAT other car.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I am not getting a Camaro for at least 3 years. My first car looks like it's going to be my mama's Celebrity. Since she's getting a newer car, she said she doesn't want this POS. She said she'll donate it. I said, "well I am getting my Permit in like a year. Donate it to me." in a joking way and she's all "OK".

I said oh sh**. I always thought I would have to buy my first car. But the Celebrity is in great condition, so it will make a nice A to B or C- maybe even D car until I save up enough cash.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'm in the "waiting for them to say ok order your convertible" boat as well. I've already got two hardtops, time to rip the top off that rascal....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts