Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if others out there will be using their Camaro as a year around car - even if you live in areas that have cold winters and snow?

·
Registered
27 Posts
NO snow for me, maybe in between saltings, just to keep it up and running. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Mine will never see snow. At least while I own it. I don't even like to run it in the rain. It really messes up the underside. It will be in the garage covered up in October.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
My plan is to see how many years I can go without turning on the windshield wipers, let alone driving it in the snow.

:)

:lol: I feel the same way.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
It will be driven all the time pretty much on bad snow days the Saturn will see duty, The Train Yard I usually work out of is a safe place to leave the car so Im happy,, Plus I remember when I was a kid watching bewitched and Darin always drove an awesome Camaro,, I always wanted to drive a car everyday like that, that was also A new car.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Come on people its a camaro not a 250k sports car. A camaro is meant to be a daily driver, if its not whats the point. just my opinion, to each his own
Car has summer tires on it, so it wont be seeing the winter... and I have a SUV for my DD, which I need to use for work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Come on people its a camaro not a 250k sports car. A camaro is meant to be a daily driver, if its not whats the point. just my opinion, to each his own
I agree completly , I cant imagine storing this car all the time and only driving it sometimes thats a waste of money in my opinion , you should get a beater car for the winter thats what I,m doing , if you drive it in the winter you will bust the front air dam and lower bumper all up

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I'm considering a beater, but for now plan A is to drive it in all weather.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Parking the Camaro in Oct

You can not drive it here most of the time in winter,,,we can get 10ft of snow or more,,loads of salt on the road....back out May 1st

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'll be driving my 2010 year round, the 2000 Z28 is my nice weather only car. In the next month or so I've got to get at least all season tires and I'm considering 18" wheels with snow tires. Now I am lucky that I work from home most of the time so if we have a blizzard or heavy snow coming I won't be out in it.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I agree completly , I cant imagine storing this car all the time and only driving it sometimes thats a waste of money in my opinion , you should get a beater car for the winter thats what I,m doing , if you drive it in the winter you will bust the front air dam and lower bumper all up

Can we change the name of this place again to GrossGeneralizations.Com?
Obviously, it depends on each person's own situation what he or she wants to do with the car.
Why should I put 100 miles a day on a car that needs $400 tires that can't be rotated, gets 20mpg when gas is $3 a gallon, and is just screaming out to the morons of the world "please dent me?" Obviously, if I lived in a smaller town, and my commute was five miles, it would be a different story.
I just sold a car I put 85,000 miles on in 10 years, and looked almost as pretty as the day I bought it, for almost 35% of what I paid for it. Try doing that after you've pounded it for 10 years.
If I'm polite enough not to call the people who are going to spend $40,000 on a "daily driver" gas guzzler, be polite enough not to insult my intelligence.
K? THX.
;)

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Windshield wipers will dry rot if you don't use them. My 02 SS stays in the garage most of the time. I haven't used the wipers in quite some time. But when I was washing it one day a few months ago, I lifted the arms and both wiper inserts separated and drooped. So those had to be replaced.

Doesn't do good for a car to sit for long periods. This is a fact. I think people should use the car as they see fit, and I don't have an issue either way of either driving the wheels off of it or minimally using the car. Personally speaking, we're going to drive our new Camaro, rain or shine. But it will live its life in a garage while at home, and that goes a long way into preserving more of the original looks and prevents a lot of sun damage.

I've always been of the philosophy that if it's not a rare model, and you want a car just to sit and look at, buy a scale model of it. If you can't afford the gas and tires to do with what you really want to do with it, then you're living beyond your means and should perhaps buy a Cobalt SS instead and use the difference you save for gas and tires.

·
Registered
472 Posts
If you can't afford the gas and tires to do with what you really want to do with it, then you're living beyond your means and should perhaps buy a Cobalt SS instead and use the difference you save for gas and tires.
Right. I can afford another car to abuse as my daily driver, but I'm living beyond my means because I don't want to put a set of tires on my Camaro every year and spend a ton of money on gas that I don't need to.
Brilliant. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts