Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading an ad for a cold air intake that said they made a g8 drop three tenths in the quarter with just their air intake sounds like a huge claim to me i wish i could remember whose it was anyway i want to know who has the best cold air intake seems like everybody is taking a stab at it lets see who has the best results

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
it's too early to tell...there's not that many choices for the Camaro yet. I'm waiting to see what Vararam will have to offer...as they claim 35hp on their G8 intake. Is that the ad you saw? They do make nice intakes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fastlane intake is considered true cold air intake due to the fact that it is placed where the washer fluid container is( behind and under the left head light)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I wish they would release more of them already bring down pricing a bit lol Im in the market for one now that my ride has gotten here but not sure which way to go.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
i was reading an ad for a cold air intake that said they made a g8 drop three tenths in the quarter with just their air intake sounds like a huge claim to me i wish i could remember whose it was anyway i want to know who has the best cold air intake seems like everybody is taking a stab at it lets see who has the best results
I like the LMR best; it's the one I plan to buy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think it was the varam but not sure it was a while ago off of someones thread yeah so im interested to see what bolt ons are working the best i saw that cam on gmpp well it was a different version of the ls3 with like 480 horse and it seemed like the only difference was a cam but im definetly not swapping out a cam on a brand new car just interested to see what setups work the best ya know gotta keep up with the jones's

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have Fastlanes CAI installed on mine. I like it alot, i dont have the numbers off the top of my head but it is a True CAI and fastlane has the numbers. so far from my understanding it is the only True CAI available to everyone.;)

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
I'm waiting to see what Vararam will have to offer...as they claim 35hp on their G8 intake.
Yes im waiting on them as well. The gaines will show up on the track moreso than a dyno. I gained 3/10ths & 3 mph in the quarter after i installed their vararam kit on my vette, just as they promised.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am personally going to get the Varam intake as they guarantee the performance claims. They will pay for shipping both ways and refund you the full price of the intake if it doesn't stack up to their claims. To me that is just wicked awesome customer service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am personally going to get the Varam intake as they guarantee the performance claims. They will pay for shipping both ways and refund you the full price of the intake if it doesn't stack up to their claims. To me that is just wicked awesome customer service.
A direct shot of water into the intake manifold though the mailslot spells trouble (hydolock and it only take a few ounces of water), NO THANKS i'll Pass. Id rather have a filter inside the engine bay or tucked in behind the bumper. Do a google on Varam and Hydrolock especially on corvette forums and you'll see what im talking about.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
A direct shot of water into the intake manifold though the mailslot spells trouble (hydolock and it only take a few ounces of water), NO THANKS i'll Pass. Id rather have a filter inside the engine bay or tucked in behind the bumper. Do a google on Varam and Hydrolock especially on corvette forums and you'll see what im talking about.

the mailslot isn't open though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
OTR intake

I own a G8 GT, and the most gains so far have been coming from OTR intakes not cold air intakes.

The shorter piping and better airflow is the reason for this. I personally would wait until a nice otr intake came out for the camaro...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry i meant through the grill beneath the mailslot. There intake makes great power but is notorious for causing hydolock. Just my 2 cents.
'notorious' is a pretty strong word...I've been doing as much research as possible and the few cases that I've seen were pretty extreme. I have yet to see one where someone was driving in the rain and the rain alone cause the hydro-lock(regardless of how heavy the rain was). All the ones that I've seen resulted in the OP initially or eventually admitting they ran through some standing water...and very often that standing water was not a 'puddle' but a 'lake' caused sudden and heavy rain. Additionally, the ones I've seen were for vettes that are MUCH lower to the ground up front...

I'm no expert, just an internet jockey that's been doing some research as the shop that's working on my car recommended vararam and I too had 'heard the stories'...I then went to find the 'facts' and found that they were very, very thin....

·
8,984 Posts
'notorious' is a pretty strong word...I've been doing as much research as possible and the few cases that I've seen were pretty extreme. I have yet to see one where someone was driving in the rain and the rain alone cause the hydro-lock(regardless of how heavy the rain was). All the ones that I've seen resulted in the OP initially or eventually admitting they ran through some standing water...and very often that standing water was not a 'puddle' but a 'lake' caused sudden and heavy rain. Additionally, the ones I've seen were for vettes that are MUCH lower to the ground up front...

I'm no expert, just an internet jockey that's been doing some research as the shop that's working on my car recommended vararam and I too had 'heard the stories'...I then went to find the 'facts' and found that they were very, very thin....

That is EXACTLY how I was going to respond.

Some of the previous postsa are how companies get a bad rep for no reason at all.

Great job; Thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts