Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so who here has plans to drop any amount to get one befor the end of 2008, or at best, very early 2009? I'm not asking for you to post the amount you would pay to get one, just who has the ability to get one without putting a big dent in your finances. Asuming they are on schedule to start production by the end of this year.

PS: I'm not one of them :BangHead:

Sean

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
I do plan on getting one ASAP, in fact I am #1 on a dealer list.
But I absolutely refuse to pay 1 cent over MSRP.
I'm on very good terms with the dealer I'm dealing with, so I'm pretty confident the right deal will get made. :)

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I would not pay over MSRP for anything other than if the amount over was going to charity no matter how much money I had. I don't want to promote the dealers overcharging by doing so.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
umm are they not on sale till 09???

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
When I can get one for invoice or whatever my GM Supplier Discount is and add my GM card earnings I'll order one exactly the way I want it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hopefully I'll be able to wait a little while to see if there are better options also...
but I'm pumped to see the first one at the dealership

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I like to get one near the later part of the model year. Not because of bugs, but for many reasons:

-Markup, I dont have any connections to make invoice price happen for me.
-To see how big of the difference of performance between top 2010 model to top 2011 model.
-If the difference is very small or if no top model is available, then I would like to be in position to buy a early 2010 top model.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
As soon as I can without getting bent over by a dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Yeah... I better be able to use my GM Card points right away too!!!
yeah buddy lol dont mind me asking how long have you been using that card ? I have had mine for 7 years lol I didnt know that until the other day when they sent me a letter in the mail saying im a Gold customer with the GM for 7 strong years. I purchased it right when I knew I wanted to buy another daily driven Camaro.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I WILL have one ASAP and pay MSRP or less. I deal directly with the dealership owner. My family has dealt with him for over 20 years and have always been treated right. They sell Dodge and Chevrolet. Matter of fact, last time my Charger went in the shop, he gave me his personal demo (Charger SRT8) to drive.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I'd ask if they are going to add to the MSRP, and if not, have it in writing before going on any list.

Seen this disappointment with Corvettes.

:mad:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I WILL have one ASAP and pay MSRP or less. I deal directly with the dealership owner. My family has dealt with him for over 20 years and have always been treated right. They sell Dodge and Chevrolet. Matter of fact, last time my Charger went in the shop, he gave me his personal demo (Charger SRT8) to drive.
I guess the point of this thread was to see who would pay any amount to get one this year. So far, I havn't seent that amount. And it could be that those kind of folk don't visit here. I'm talking about people with money to burn, and would put down an extra $10,000 to get one of the first.

As far as the statement above, my only response would be this(and this goes to the rest with the same situation). Regardless of how long you've known this dealer, will he put you first, or others that will pay over MSRP. Enough more to take care of this guys family for the next year? I know this sounds unreasonable, but there are those people out there. Probably more than you think.

How much extra do you think Jay Leno paid to get the first Viper off the line? I'm betting it was over MSRP.

Sean

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I guess the point of this thread was to see who would pay any amount to get one this year. So far, I havn't seent that amount. And it could be that those kind of folk don't visit here. I'm talking about people with money to burn, and would put down an extra $10,000 to get one of the first.

As far as the statement above, my only response would be this(and this goes to the rest with the same situation). Regardless of how long you've known this dealer, will he put you first, or others that will pay over MSRP. Enough more to take care of this guys family for the next year? I know this sounds unreasonable, but there are those people out there. Probably more than you think.

How much extra do you think Jay Leno paid to get the first Viper off the line? I'm betting it was over MSRP.

Sean
Hopefully whatever he paid over MSRP went to charity.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I will be getting it probably February of 09, just when there will be alot more, and more time for me to save up some more money. But as many as you say I as well will not pay over MSRP

1 - 20 of 25 Posts