Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticing a lot of different kind of people giving me the thumbs up when im driving my camaro like little kids and Harley Davidson riders and truck drivers even an old man driving a model T car and so on,So who have you noticed giving you a thumbs up.Oh yea and young laddies asking me if they can have my camaro, Yea like that would happen right. NOT....

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I wave to other Camaros and flash the high beams alot. When I first got the car in Aug 09 I don't think I could drive more than 15 min with out some one giving the thumbs up or simply gawking at the car. I went on a road trip 3 weeks or so after I got it and I don't think I have ever seen so many people pulling out thier phones or cameras taking pictures of my car going down the road. It has calmed down a little nowa days but I still get a few reactions a week. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
wow i don't get thumbs up or waved at or anything. i have even waved to other camaro drivers and get nothing back :(

the only time i had another camaro driver wave at me was when we were coming back from our road trip to BC

oh i do have one exception there is a little old man in a green mini van that lives near me and every time he sees my car he waves. but he's the only one. i have been approached at the gas station only like three times by someone saying nice car

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i get alot of looks from younger kids and teenagers. theres alot of older guys that are into the muscle cars but hate mine. either becuase im younger than them and have a nice car. most people dont liek the all black look and the wheels. but i dont really care. its my car

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I am still getting thumbs up,,,waves from all ages even had a guy that was walking stop dead in his tracks just to take a look. I even have people stop by the bowling alley to take a picture with it:lol:.. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
i get alot of looks from younger kids and teenagers. theres alot of older guys that are into the muscle cars but hate mine. either becuase im younger than them and have a nice car. most people dont liek the all black look and the wheels. but i dont really care. its my car

They love the all black down here... They must be jealouis up there is all cause yours looks awesome :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you are in New England and get a thumbs up from an SIM SS or a blue and black Harley Davidson Heritage Softail it will more than likely be me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It weird around where I live. I see other new camaro drivers and I wave at them but they don't wave back. Mind you there are not very many around here at all. The older hor rod guys don't wave either. I don't give a **** what thier problem is though. As per usual though, I get the the younger crowd waving and asking questions, all the women in my office love the car. Keep in mind I live in an area dominated by euro or asian imports. My car definetly stands out in traffic. I get these bmw and honda douche bags giving me the eye until I rev the piss out of my SS, then they know what I'm grinning about and look the other way.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i just got another thumbs up yesterday..i still get a lot of looks and people saying how they love the car and walking out of the store or gas station only to see someone standing by it taking a pic..i figured it would have all worn off by now but it hasnt yet!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I've gotten a few...there's 2 that stand out...1 was a cop, the other was a moron in a POS ricered out eclipse.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I get thumbs up a lot, and have given out my share when I see a nice Gen5 Camaro. I had a cop eyeing it up real good at a light this afternoon. I was stuck in traffic at the light, so he got a good long look. He was stuck in a dept issue Challenger. I was in the Winner!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was down in the Bronx and got the thumbs up from 2 NYPD officers in there patrol car.I thought it was kool really wanted to step on it when the light changed but didnt want to push my luck :D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea i forgot to mention that a young guy almost ran the stop light the other day as his jaw drooped while he was looking at my camaro, thats a first for me the jaw dropping thing. i hope nobody gets hurt trying to get a good look at our camaros.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I try to see when people are looking and then wave at them first, remember, Camaro means "friend" or "comrade" so it's our duty to be modest and friendly. There are too many people trying way to hard to just "be cool", act and be thrilled and pass it on; not rubbing it in, but share your enthusiasm.....Rock n roll is here to stay.:5go:

·
Registered
387 Posts
There are alot of Camaro's around here but I still get looks and waves because there is not one that looks like mine. I have other camaro owners coming up to me all the time asking about my mods.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts