Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im left scratching my head because there are some really good sponsors and the layout is identical to C5 and I honestly would like to know why there isnt more activity on this site?

Anyone chime in?

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Since I'm pretty familiar with both sites...I'll share my opinion on this one.

IMO what you call activity...is actually thread after thread of the same old crap on C5...hardly ever anything new. And over here...members are much more likely to ask questions via pm rather than start a thread about something that only concerns them. I spend much more time answering pmed questions than I do posting here on MC and I think that's a good thing...because I've got better things to do than read the same comment 30 times on another inane thread. [URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Because it's more mature? It's NOT any of the other sites? It caters to a more sophisticated crowd? Because there's not 486 different threads per day asking what I should do with my car with $300? I could go on.

Each site has its own audience. But around here, it is, and always has been about QUALITY, not quantity. But we're all Camaro comrades.

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
Couldn't have said it better myself. We are not about post count over here, we keep each other informed and answer any questions that are asked. No repeats, no BS, no arguments. A few quality posts are better than a never-ending list of things people don't care about.
100% correct.;)

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Since I'm pretty familiar with both sites...I'll share my opinion on this one.

IMO what you call activity...is actually thread after thread of the same old crap on C5...hardly ever anything new. And over here...members are much more likely to ask questions via pm rather than start a thread about something that only concerns them. I spend much more time answering pmed questions than I do posting here on MC and I think that's a good thing...because I've got better things to do than read the same comment 30 times on another inane thread. Because it's more mature? It's NOT any of the other sites? It caters to a more sophisticated crowd? Because there's not 486 different threads per day asking what I should do with my car with $300? I could go on.

Each site has its own audience. But around here, it is, and always has been about QUALITY, not quantity. But we're all Camaro comrades.

Couldn't have said it better myself. We are not about post count over here, we keep each other informed and answer any questions that are asked. No repeats, no BS, no arguments. A few quality posts are better than a never-ending list of things people don't care about.
Right on, U 3 pretty much Summed it all up!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
And there is a much more obvious answer to your question...

Because the people that hang out here actually have a life...lol. :5go:
that's kind of funny. I read this thread because I only 'wish' I had the browse time I did at one time and was up to speed on everything going on here. As it sits now, I am only able to get on for a minute or two every couple of or few days.....either way, I've never been to other sites more than just a time or two and the grass isn't ever greener on the other side, just mow and take care of the grass you got.

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
Couldn't have said it better myself. We are not about post count over here, ...
True that.

I have a very low post count, but have been here since the beginning. I don't post often, but i read alot.

·
3,081 Posts
You guys all hit the nail on the head. A lot better audience over here and friends that are always ready to help. I love MC and I am glad to call it my home forum. If anybody thinks other wise, guess what.....We are better off with out you. Try the other site out, and when they boot your a$$ off there forum for NO reason, come back and then you will realize this is the better place to be. Just saying.......

·
Registered
10 Posts
this place is laid back and pretty awesome....go to the other one and there are a lot of good people but a bunch of ban happy a$$holes run it

·
Registered
728 Posts
Now that's funny! :lol:
I did not know it was a contest:eek:

I thought we just posted stuff about cars and our other interests, to share with each other on this site....

Oh wait, we already do... Love the site, but I don't post to boost my numbers..Now that is funny..

Just a Camaro freak sharing on line...Pretty simple. It isn't a posting race..

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have been with C5 since the beginning and there are a lot of repeat questions. Their search feature isn't worth a crap which could be why there are so many duplicate posts, or the posters simply don't use the search function.

I came over to Modern Camaro because of the same thing being talked about over and over again on C5. If I see one more post "What's your Camaro's name?" I will puke. Or people calling their car Baby Girl or referring to it as My Baby, I may puke if I read any more posts like that. I posted on a thread that my car doesn't have a name nor is it my baby, it's a car.

I got ripped for saying my opinion. I was told I'm not a car lover, I don't deserve to have a Camaro, not a real Camaro owner, etc.

Russ

1 - 20 of 39 Posts