Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
"Nate Holden served four terms on the Los Angeles City Council (1987 to 2003). "

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Of course there will be conditions on the bailout.
That means GM will fail?
:screwy:

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
I think the honarable Nate Holden can blow me.
:lol:

Nate Holden used to work with the engineering side of lunar landing modules.....WTF does that have to do with why he feels the American auto manufacturers shouldn't receive government funds (in loan form....not grants) to sustain? IMO, space exploration and lunar landing modules are one of the biggest friggin wastes of our tax dollars!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Nate Holden...go screw :STFU::finger::thefinger:

a little more optimism would be nice.:BangHead:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GM could of been very profitable if they did not cancel the EV1 which they sold the battery rights to the oil companies. GM made a big mistake and continued to make more bad discussions like build big cars & trucks like the useless Hummer :confused: I hope GM will get it this time and make some wise discussions to build electric cars, they have the technology as it was proven in the late 90's with the EV1.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
GM could of been very profitable if they did not cancel the EV1 which they sold the battery rights to the oil companies. GM made a big mistake and continued to make more bad discussions like build big cars & trucks like the useless Hummer :confused: I hope GM will get it this time and make some wise discussions to build electric cars, they have the technology as it was proven in the late 90's with the EV1.
you can't fault them too much to building SUV's and trucks, because there was a time that everyone was buying them...they just should have known that sooner or later they bubble was going to burst and should have jumped on hybrid/electric a little sooner.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
GM made a big mistake and continued to make more bad discussions like build big cars & trucks like the useless Hummer :confused:

and people bought big cars and trucks:screwy: they only built what the market asked for

·
Registered
231 Posts
Other reports say that car was too costly to build and the range of travel was highly impractical. The only thing to learn here is that there are flaming liberal waco environmental lovers that want the auto as we know it gone at any cost. **** the consequences. These people will force us to drive things in the future that we do not want.

Look around, global warming is a lie and the earth has in fact been cooling for several years now. I recently took a trip across country in my Corvette and all I saw was beautiful landscape and blue Sky's. The only place I saw a problem was in LA but that is a geographical problem cause by the mountains not letting the air clear where there are so may people so it builds. Hardly reason to try to change the entire world because of a local problem. Of course the real reason these people whine is they want control and power over you and the environment is their excuse to get it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The American cars have greatly improved in the last several years. The Cadillac CTS is a great car as is the new Camaro. People have been brain washed that the foreign cars are better and they cannot break away from that, but the fact is - the American cars are just as good and better in some cases. :patriot:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
The American cars have greatly improved in the last several years. The Cadillac CTS is a great car as is the new Camaro. People have been brain washed that the foreign cars are better and they cannot break away from that, but the fact is - the American cars are just as good and better in some cases. :patriot:
I agree. They need to find ways of convincing people of this.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
There's some truth to what is implied by Mr. Holden. Nobody is focusing on building an electric car. I think the instant success of the Prius is testament to the fact that the consumer would embrace an electric car that had...Say..a 100 mile range? Most people don't commute more than 40 miles. I'm sure that people would pay up to $30K for a plug in electric that was nothing more than a standard commuter car.

Of course, I think the Government could help by passing certain exceptions to electric vehicles so that they could be made lighter with less power draining features. Perhaps having the same "safety" standards as a motorcycle or something?

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
x2 :patriot:

·
Registered
61 Posts
There's some truth to what is implied by Mr. Holden. Nobody is focusing on building an electric car. I think the instant success of the Prius is testament to the fact that the consumer would embrace an electric car that had...Say..a 100 mile range? Most people don't commute more than 40 miles. I'm sure that people would pay up to $30K for a plug in electric that was nothing more than a standard commuter car.

Of course, I think the Government could help by passing certain exceptions to electric vehicles so that they could be made lighter with less power draining features. Perhaps having the same "safety" standards as a motorcycle or something?
One has to wonder if Prius sales would have been as high without the tax breaks purchasers got for them.
Clyde

·
Registered
646 Posts
this man makes sense and speaks the truth.

If that doesn't tell you the mindset of the auto industry nothing will. That's selling out big time.

GM has no other option than to have a real business plan now if they want to succeed. Chrysler as well.

At least Ford said they can sustain themselves for another year before really needing $$.

The only statement I don't agree with is thinking people are brainwashed that foreign cars are better.

They simply are. I know that's hard to swallow. As much as I love being an American, a Chevy just doesn't compete against a Honda,..

We are great at building musclecars and gas guzzling trucks and suv's, not well made economical cars that people all over the U.S. want to own. Sorry that's fact.

There's a reason people own and prefer import vehicles over domestic. :shrug:

·
Registered
913 Posts

Right up until they have to buy a replacement battery for $3500... How long do your rechargeable batteries last?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
and people bought big cars and trucks:screwy: they only built what the market asked for
But they did so at the cost of ditching smaller, more fuel efficient car programs that they could have got ready, yet able to pull the rip cord on and unleash when that bubble collapsed, and quickly (for a car company) to shift into smaller vehicle market when demand shifted. But NOOOooo. They put all their eggs in one basket and now the basket is empty.

Face it, GM fumbled BIG time on the EV1 and keeping an eye on the smaller car market. Poor planning, plain and simple. If it wasn't, they wouldn't be in such a mess right now.

Let's hope they don't screw THIS up any further when they get their bailout money (call it what it is. Bridge loan is an automaker term).

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
Right up until they have to buy a replacement battery for $3500... How long do your rechargeable batteries last?
Obviously the business model isn't worked out because NOBODY HAS BOTHERED TO WORK ON IT. I'm quite sure they could work out some sort of exchange program. Cost of ownership would be a LITTLE higher, but is even $3,500 every 5 years all that much when you'll likely save AT LEAST that in gasoline in just a year or year and a half?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts