Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everything els has climate control why not the camaro. can it be added?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have had the climate control on all of my recent vehicles and I admit that I really wish it was on my new Camaro. Climate control makes life so much easier when you take a long road trip.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I too miss it. My Traverse had it...

·
Registered
275 Posts
why not? because it adds cost & weight to the car. besides who needs it, really how hard is it to turn a dial.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what weight actually a few buttons would weigh less. I assume you have never had Climate control. on a $40,000 car theres no excuse. With climate control you set it to the temp your comfortable with and forget it. I have to continuously mess with the dials just to be either too hot or too cold

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think it's more trouble to try to guess & set & find a comfortable temp than to just turn the fan or temp up or down.. I actually prefer not to have that digital dribble. it's just another digital display to distract you from the road.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw that one with temp control but when looking at the videos it only shows fan speed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The scosche kit looks more modern than the knobs on the stock but still not automatic climate control, I too wish my Camaro had auto climate control, my last 3 cars had it. No extra weight to be concerned with, just a temp sensor and some standard electronics.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I need AC. I hate having the windows down. around here it is either to hot or to cold you mite get 1 or 2 days a year that are comfortable. I cant drive 35 miles with out messing with the heater 5 times to keep the windows from fogging up and to do that it has to be too warm.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I guess for me it is six of one half dozen of the other on the climate control. the thing I think should have been offered was the cool air function in the seats like the cadillac has. other than that, i control the climate by either putting the top up, or putting the top down.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
sunroof open, sun roof closed, Until it is truly unbearable I go windows down

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's a $40,000 car, yes, but it's not a luxury car. I personally hate climate control HVACs -- it requires you to take your eyes off the road and look down to see what temperature you're setting it to. DISTRACTION! Instead, we have these awesome dials with a nub on it and I can reach over without taking my eyes off the road and turn it up or down and know I'm going to get hotter or colder air -- no need for temperatures.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've got climate control in the Camaro, My wife Controls the Climate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts