Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To me it's a no-brainer that motorcycles should have been the FIRST vehicles adapted to all-electric. I know some companies are trying, and have prototypes and stuff, but seriously. Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha? None of them have a crotch-rocket that is production electric? Look at that power-weight ratio.

And the cool thing about bikes is they don't have all the safety crap and nannies to weigh it down.

C'mon bike manufacturers! You're missing a HUGE opportunity here. I'd buy an electric bike for my DD if it were available.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
The only problem with a motorcycle is space. While power to weight is better, where do they put a battery capable of getting the bike where it needs to go? For an electric motorcyle to be successful, I'd say it would need to get 100 miles on a charge at speeds of 60+.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
An electric motor is smaller, plus, you don't really need an oil pan, and radiator, and all that other extra stuff that hangs off the engine to make it work.

Heck, they have "in-wheel" motors now. Do that, and you have the entire engine compartment to put batteries in. I just can't believe that NONE of the big cycle makers has something already in production.

If I had a spare million (and some better brains) I'd be the Tesla of the motorcycle world.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts