Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Most drivers who don't like their car either trade it in or sell it.

Police on New York's Long Island say a teenager set his BMW on fire "simply because he hated the car." Nassau County police didn't offer additional details on the alleged motive.

Police say a surveillance camera recorded the 18-year-old torching the 1992 BMW on July 10. At the time, it was parked about 2 1/2 feet feet from his apartment building.

The defendant was awaiting a court appearance Friday in First District Court in Hempstead. The charges include arson and reckless endangerment.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2009/07/17/20090717TeenCarFire17-ON.html

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How can you be charged with arson on something you own? It's not a house or something that others would be affected by.
It was 2.5 feet away from his apartment and maybe it is a complex?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
If he did it with intent to, or made a claim to, collect insurance money...

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
was this picture really taken in July? All the leaves are already turning yellow? not that it matters, but our leaves dont start turning unitl late sept or oct.

oh yeah, nice fire!

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
was this picture really taken in July? All the leaves are already turning yellow? not that it matters, but our leaves dont start turning unitl late sept or oct.

oh yeah, nice fire!
Ah, good catch! That would be an October picture here in PA.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think that is the right pic since link does not have it. I found this on fquick and article said it happened July 10.

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
I don't like beamers, but he was a plain dumbass. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts