Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anybody please tell me ( if you know ) are there any vendors out there that sell plain aluminum T- handles or grips ? I can't afford $200 for just ahandle. Vendors come on and make some parts for us poor guys!!! There should be a lot of them being made. Thanks if anyone can help me find some!:confused:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I'm pretty sure MGW makes a knob that'll fit the stock shifter...not a T-handle though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I actually like the stock knob... I don't like the white hurst ball knob, to me it doesn't fit the interior, seems out of place.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help but I'm trying to find a T-handle that fits. I had a '67 Chevelle 396 with a 4-speed that had a T-handle that I loved ( many years ago, I'm 57 years old) and still a hot rod "KID". I was hoping someone might make one for my SS. I found several ones, but they were all threaded.I may have to try to get a machine shop to make one but I would rather buy one that fits. Thanks again for yalls help!! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Thanks for the help but I'm trying to find a T-handle that fits. I had a '67 Chevelle 396 with a 4-speed that had a T-handle that I loved ( many years ago, I'm 57 years old) and still a hot rod "KID". I was hoping someone might make one for my SS. I found several ones, but they were all threaded.I may have to try to get a machine shop to make one but I would rather buy one that fits. Thanks again for yalls help!! :thumbsup:
Best bet is to save up for a Hurst or a Barton shifter. They are a big improvement over the stock shifter and worth the $$$, and you'll be able to get a T handle with no problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You may be right, but it sure seems like someone would make one. It just seems to me that a lot of vendors have really been slow in coming up with new products for the 2010 Camaro !! There's alot of money out there that owners will spend on what they want!!:dunno:

·
Registered
387 Posts
I can tell you that don't wast your money spending 200 on just a knob. you can get the Hurst shifter complete for 268 at atlanticspeed.com and then just save alittle for the Hurst T handle.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
You may be right, but it sure seems like someone would make one. It just seems to me that a lot of vendors have really been slow in coming up with new products for the 2010 Camaro !! There's alot of money out there that owners will spend on what they want!!:dunno:
I think because it's a weird design, if it were just threaded, it would be easier...and most people who are going to change it are going to go for a whole new shifter anyway.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ooops! Sorry powerfreak just saw you already suggfested saving for shifter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts