Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

It seems to me that the RS Package in itself is an upgrade. So with that logic, everything in the package is considered an upgrade, including the silver painted wheels. So why, when we want to 'downgrade' to the polished wheels, we would have to pay exra for it. Seems like we would actually get the RS package for $470 cheaper, not $470 more. I would that if the polished wheels are a standard for even the lowest models, then it's not considered an upgrade if you want it on an upper model.

Can someone make more sense of this?

Thanks,
Sean W

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
Here is how I interpreted the 2010 Camaro specs...

1LS comes with 18" Heritage Steel Wheels
1LT comes with 18" Painted Alumimum Wheels
2LT comes with 19" Painted Aluminum Wheels
1SS and 2SS come with 20" Painted Aluminum Wheels with Sterling Silver Finish

RS Package includes 20" Midnight Sliver Painted Alumnium Wheels; somewhere I read one can optionally get (20") Polished Wheels (for extra cost ??)

Q9B Package (for 1LT or 2LT) is 19" Polished Aluminum Wheels, cost is $???
Q9J Package (for 1SS or 2SS) is 20" Polished Aluminum Wheels, cost is $470

So, as far as Wheels go, anyone ordering the RS Package has to pay something extra to go from either 18" or 19" wheels to 20" wheels, or from Painted to Polished Wheels (similar for Q9B or Q9J Packages, Polished Wheels are extra...an upgrade from Painted).

I took the simple route myself :)hello:), did not order the RS Package :)eek:) but ordered the Q9J Package instead! :roxor:

·
Resident GTO nutswinger
148 Posts
he silver painted wheels. So why, when we want to 'downgrade' to the polished wheels
Going from painted to polished wheels is never a "downgrade". Thus you're paying more. Look around at aftermarket wheels...if they come in painted, polished and chrome then that's the order of price from lowest to highest.

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
RS package still includes painted wheels.
Polished wheels always cost more than painted wheels.

:)

correct!

And THIS is one of the reasons you've been declared a "Camaro Disciple"

(.........not to mention that you demonstrated longgggg ago that you could be trusted with 'top secret stuff!'......)

(.......how IS that gray lockbox doing, anyway????....)

Did you ever post a 'picture?'

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
correct!

And THIS is one of the reasons you've been declared a "Camaro Disciple"

(.........not to mention that you demonstrated longgggg ago that you could be trusted with 'top secret stuff!'......)
Let me get this straight...is it because I spelled "aluminum" 3 different ways (2 of them w-r-o-n-g) in my posting, or because I am from Cali-for-nia, that I don't get credit for saying "...Polished Wheels are extra...an upgrade from Painted" first (in this particular thread)? :confused:

:rotflmao:

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
Let me get this straight...is it because I spelled "aluminum" 3 different ways (2 of them w-r-o-n-g) in my posting, or because I am from Cali-for-nia, that I don't get credit for saying "...Polished Wheels are extra...an upgrade from Painted" first (in this particular thread)? :confused:

:rotflmao:

None of the above!

(Trivia -- some from Australia pronounce the word "Aluminum"....

Al You MIN EEUM

Will I be seeing you at the San Diego Auto show?

·
Banned
1,136 Posts
None of the above!

Will I be seeing you at the San Diego Auto show?
Good Answer! ;)

I *will* be at the L.A. Auto Show (probably on Saturday the 22nd, definitely with my HD Sony Camcorder for you-know-what footage!)...I want to go to the San Diego Auto Show but it is smack dab during the Holiday Season when I visit family in Utah (burrrrrrr)...I guess I will just HAVE to be back in time for the last 2 show days over the first New Year's weekend! :roxor:

When will you be there?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts