Modern Camaro Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm worried about my mpg if it is supposed to be getting 5 more mpg than it is. Loss of mpgs can be attibuted to mechanical issues, and in a new car that is significant. Loss of mpg indicates a loss of efficiency in the engine. I want to know is it a real loss, or is it that everyone here on this forum is getting the same mpg that I'm getting, meaning there is nothing wrong with my car (or everyone is having the same problem!).

Forums like this help me know my car is doing what it is supposed to. This Camaro is very different from my Vette, and has a different sound and feel (as it should). But you can't tell me that if your mildly modified Camaro SS suddenly started getting 10mpg, you could care less...
A loss of mpg isn't always from mechanical issues. Could mean your dealership put in a different tune. If it was a demo car they some times have a boosted tune. Does it feel sluggish or does it respond well?

Many calls will have a higher base line when Dyno'ed. You could be that lucky guy

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2011 2SS/RS Auto currently has 38K on it. I went from Detroit area to Chicago for Thanksgiving and got 25MPG. I take it to our property in Northern Michigan (about the same distance as Chicago drive) and I get 27MPG. Lot less stop and go on the north trip. Back and forth to work (45 miles one way in metro Detroit) I get 21-22MPG, but there are times I hit 90mph.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts