Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got to think if we were GM and we had the best selling car........

And we wanted to "refresh it" and soon "re design it" Would you not take say the current owners and let them in on design and let them voice opinion on what they wanted ect ????

The new 2014 is a fail on Chevy's part.... why... because there design guys are out of touch with the PEOPLE who bought there car's in the first place !!!

I say this the first car company who really listens to there customers and puts that into a real car there gonna own the market.....

Sorry just venting .....:cool:

Asab............

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
That is exactly what I said. They missed the boat. It will cost them sales until they fix it. I will be keeping my 2013 Camaro for while now unless I sell it and go back to the Challenger for 2015. Those are some ugly tail lights and the front gets an "F" in my book compared to what it was.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I agree with most people, I don't like the tail lights at all. But, the angle that the picture was taken and the picture itself isn't the highest quality. So, before I start slamming Chevrolet, I'd like to see more photo's or see it in person....

And they do ask people for input; The Disciples and I'm sure they all had input. If they didn't, then I agree, major fail!

I'm old school, so I really like the hood!! But then again, I Love the IROC-Z Camaro and the louvers on that hood as well. Yes, it's cheap plastic and fades if you don't take care of them, but it's different and very distinct. The grill, once again, I have to see it in person. Love the wheels!! :grin:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Only thing I can think of is a wanna be ZL1. The fog light shape and whatever that is on the hood? The rear is just a mess!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
They do have "focus" groups they use for input. Sadly, they don't seem to reflect the hardcore nutters like us....

I like some things about it and hate others. And there is NO WAY IN HELL I would give up my '10 for it or any other year for that matter! :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
i like the taillights the front im not sure really.. everything will grow on you.. its just a shock to the brain lol... thats a heat extractor on hood.. ok with me!!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
z/28 ls7.. nuff SAID.. great job gm.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm liking the rear taillights myself! As far as having no speakers.. only one for the seatbelt sound... I'm disappointed with that. Over all the car looks good to me!

·
Registered
394 Posts
they FAILED miserably because they have had all 5years to though in a LS-7 and waited.
you dont build a car and throw everything at it at once imo.. wait a little while and make it worth the wait...

·
Registered
738 Posts
I haven't seen any mention of the back seat. Wouldn't an optional backseat save more on weight than anything else they took out? Unless there's some reason they can't take out the backseat.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I haven't seen any mention of the back seat. Wouldn't an optional backseat save more on weight than anything else they took out? Unless there's some reason they can't take out the backseat.
probably cant... good idea for that option tho...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Gm could have made the LS-7 Available before now. ecpecially given the power to weight ratio. The mustang has a better power to weight ratio it would have definately made the pony car wars more intresting

·
Registered
394 Posts
Gm could have made the LS-7 Available before now. ecpecially given the power to weight ratio. The mustang has a better power to weight ratio it would have definately made the pony car wars more intresting
i wanted to see an ls7 in the 1le.. that would have been beast.. at least they finally did out the ls7 in a camaro lol... :5go:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Yea the tail lights are horrible. The rest of the car makes up for it. Hopefully the aftermarket will come up with a tail light kit FAST. They should have done something with that radio too. It kinda kills the look of the interior...like it doesn't belong there at all. But kudos on the seats, factory CAI, and factory ST headers!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If you read the write up, the back seat was totally redone. They took out the springs and used Styrofoam and also made it so it don't fold down. They took out all the weight. They said it isn't very comfortable but no one will probably sit in it anyway. They would have removed it all together but they didn't want to lose the 2+2 concept like the Boss 302.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
They do have "focus" groups they use for input. Sadly, they don't seem to reflect the hardcore nutters like us....
Actually the Camaro Focus Group (aka the "Camaro Disciples") does cover pretty much all walks of life.
I'm one of them.
We have members of all ages from all around North America and we cover the show car types and the racer types.

The problem is Chevrolet did not involve the Camaro Disciples AT ALL in the Camaro re-design or the Z/28
Not at all.
Not a peep.
We were not told the refresh was coming.
We were not told the Z/28 was coming.
We were never asked to gather enthusiast input to provide any feedback.

And I have no idea why. :confused: :mad: :(

And oh, BTW, in case you're wondering... the Z/28 will be priced HIGHER than the ZL1.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Actually the Camaro Focus Group (aka the "Camaro Disciples") does cover pretty much all walks of life.
I'm one of them.
We have members of all ages from all around North America and we cover the show car types and the racer types.

The problem is Chevrolet did not involve the Camaro Disciples AT ALL in the Camaro re-design or the Z/28
Not at all.
Not a peep.
We were not told the refresh was coming.
We were not told the Z/28 was coming.
We were never asked to gather enthusiast input to provide any feedback.

And I have no idea why. :confused: :mad: :(

And oh, BTW, in case you're wondering... the Z/28 will be priced HIGHER than the ZL1.
Thanks OctaneZ28, That is exactly what I suspected when I first laid eyes on the redesign of the 2014 Camaro. They never asked for any input...they just decided that they knew better and went ahead with the redesign. Time will tell when they see the V6 and SS sales fall as a result. The Z28 will get the sales from the few that can afford it but it won't account for many sales overall.
The front of the car isn't totally awful and may kind of grow on people, but the rear tail lights are a real puzzlement. I was driving around yesterday and saw several foreign cars with nearly the same tail lights. They were all sedans too. Also what is up with the giant license plate rectangle cutout in the rear? It seems that GM forgot why the 5th gen Camaro was such a hit.
It was the all the work and input the focus group had done. They knew what enthusiasts like us wanted to see in the car. How quickly they forget! :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think they are trying to get everyone warmed up for the sixth gen, i can't imagine what that will look like. I think the 2014 camaro will be an easy fix for the aftermarket though, I bet companies are already scrambling coming up with aftermarket tailights, bumpers, diffuser, etc. lol.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts