Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first off it is NOT another Camaro. I tried. She wants either a Caddy SRX Performance, GMC Acadia Denali or CTS Performance sedan (no coupe or V). As usual, this will likely be an addition to the fleet.

All around $40-43K give or take on MSRP. These are NOT the actual cars, but just for illustration. Colors not final, nor options. (GM employee pricing is about 41K, 39K and 36K respectively for the models equipped the way she likes)

Which one would YOU get? I kinda like the SRX, but each has their pluses.

It's not like I'm polling, but I'm not wanting to overlook features/appointments/pitfalls I might not be seeing, and also some feedback if any of y'all have one of these models.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Always been an GMC fan. That has my vote. Still have my 2000 GMC Jimmy with 156,000 on ole' blue.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
My wife and I just had this same conversation.

CTS hands down, unless you need cargo room, then SRX. I see you're in SC, so AWD isn't a must-have for winter.

Both Caddys are sharp cars. The Denali doesn't do it for me.

When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
not sure that you can get the acadia denali for around 40k...im not even sure you can get the srx for 40k. but if i were getting one of those 3....i would go with the acadia denali. my reasons....i like larger suv's. more room. awd is always a plus. especially if you get bad winters like i do in ohio. 2nd option would be the SRX. still the suv factor. also, being that it is a car for your wife, i would want her to feel safe no matter where she is, what time it is or what the weather is. actually when my wife is ready to get rid of her camry...i will be getting her either an Acadi or a tahoe. thats why i put the cts last on my list. im not a big fan of the regular model. i love the V. not a huge fan of the dated look now. so, all around security and safety...i choose the Acadia.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
I say the Arcadia Denali

·
Registered
715 Posts
If you're asking which one I would choose then it would be the CTS, I don't like car based Crossover/SUV's. If you need four doors and cargo space, look at the CTS wagon.

For me car buying is a personal experience, things like fuel economy and reliability have to be considered, but ultimately if I don't feel a bond with a vehicle I'm not going to buy it.

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
For me car buying is a personal experience, things like fuel economy and reliability have to be considered, but ultimately if I don't feel a bond with a vehicle I'm not going to buy it.
:agree:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I would say the CTS just because we have worked on too many of the engines and steering for acadia/srx

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
i'm bias to the CTS since i want one mahself... so i gotta vote for that. i know the SUV's offer more space but i think the CTS would be more fun to drive. i agree with HeavyWeight, i'd take a CTS wagon over the SUV's (not to mention you can get killer deals on the wagons right now. check Caddy's website. 0% for 60 months)

guess it just depends on what she wants. :D good luck!

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure ~I~ could bond with any of these models, especially the denali, but it's for her. My bonding is not required. Since it's not a car for me, I'm really not chomping at the bit to run down to the dealers. Maybe that's a good thing as I learn more about these other cars. If she wanted a new Camaro, it'd be a whole new tune. What she DOESN'T know yet is that I'm going to buy it for her because she's a great wife.

Yes, 2010_5thgen, with EVA and cashback discounts, the employee prices I gave are the prices I'd pay for new ones. In fact, the current denali discounts make it priced right along side the less costly models.

And therein lies the rub. The 2010 low-mile (less than 20K miles) used versions of these with reasonable miles are literally only around hundreds of dollars difference between buying new. Example- the new 2011 CTS is 36K new my price, found a similar 2010 with 9K miles for 35 and change.

kc0cmj, I didn't get the memo on the SRX/Acadia steering. Is this a widespread issue?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ooooo, I LOVE the Caddy SRX. That's my next car :thumbsup: They're so pretty.

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
I'd say the SRX, unless you need 3 rows of seats. The SRX handles great, ride is awesome, very quiet, and good MPG's

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Steering gear noises moaning, groaning, squealing.. New gears fix them for a time, but seem to come back.. Bleeding those systems are a beaotch too.

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
CTX without question. I would try a rental on each one to give them a hands on first.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
And therein lies the rub. The 2010 low-mile (less than 20K miles) used versions of these with reasonable miles are literally only around hundreds of dollars difference between buying new. Example- the new 2011 CTS is 36K new my price, found a similar 2010 with 9K miles for 35 and change.
I was thinking 2008/2009 for the real savings. Cars look very much the same (except SRX obviously). Whatever works for your situation :cool:

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
if your gonna go with the cts, you might as well hold out for the next redesigning. im just tired of seeing cts'. the only ones that look good are the V.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts