1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
GM is going to def. make it. With the VUE 2 mode Hybrid, Volt, Cruze, Malibu CTS, and the Camaro at the 6,000 mark and 77% for the 2SS, GM has nothing to worry about, IMO. I think they are actually slowly making their way back up.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
GM has a lot of cars coming up... I agree that the future line-up looks great.

That doesn't solve the problem that today they have no money. They first need to SPEND money to make the cars you've listed before they can sell them AND people need to BUY these cars. Right now, people aren't buying.

Have you actually looked at the financials for GM, Torrent?

Have you noticed that people aren't buying cars?

Do you know how much GM is spending in pensions to retired employees?

Do you know they're selling bonds with high yields that they will have to pay back over several years, thus shooting themselves in the foot to try and stay afloat right now?

Do you know about the union contracts that they're bound to that are costing them millions?

Right now GM needs an investor willing to lend them at least $10 billion in order to make it.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
I really doubt the US goverment will let them go down, but if they do they can go into bankruptcy and if they do the deals with UAW and CAW will fall thru. This will allow them to get the labor rates more inline with the import cars which IIRC pay about $30 per hour less than GM does for many possitions which drives up production costs. Just because they go bankrupt doesn't mean its over for them, but I don't think they will go bankrupt.

Also it was anounced that EVERY new launch and developement procject that is not out yet is on hold exept the Volt and the Camaro.

The Chevy Cruise is also delayed in which I think needs to be here now because it is a great small car with quality much like the new Malibu.

I think going bankrupt is the last thing GM wants to do and I think they will do everything they can for that not to happen.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I leave town and go on vacation for a week, and what's the first thread I see? Another "sky is falling" story authored by another newb. Do us a favor and go troll somewhere else.:mad:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
LMAO! POWERFREAK, you beat me to it.:lol:
i can't take credit for chicken little...it was posted here a few days ago...but that picture pretty much says it all.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
it would be nice if we could actually go a few days without one of these threads polluting the board.

that being said...do you think GM will still be in business in February to build our camaro's?:lookandleave::lookandleave:

:rotflmao:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Now that I think about it, I AM kinda tired of these threads....
That's my point. I come back from vacation, in a decent mood, and here is this crap on the forum. Very annoying.:BangHead:

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
LOL! Yea...I saw the pic before, and I was going to *copy/paste* it in this thread....very fitting indeed.

+1

I thought it was appropriate as well. The current economic slow down is no reason to panic. Big down turns are usually followed by substantial growth.

I've harped on GM in the past. They were a little slow (imo) on changing up their designs and product line up. GM is back on track with the Malibu and Traverse. I also see HHRs all over the place.

Soon GM will have the the Camaro, Volt, Cruze, and the Aura/Insignia just to name a few off the top of my head. These are the kind of cars people will want to buy. Don't count the General out yet. :patriot:

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
+1

I thought it was appropriate as well. The current economic slow down is no reason to panic. Big down turns are usually followed by substantial growth.

I've harped on GM in the past. They were a little slow (imo) on changing up their designs and product line up. GM is back on track with the Malibu and Traverse. I also see HHRs all over the place.

Soon GM will have the the Camaro, Volt, Cruze, and the Aura/Insignia just to name a few off the top of my head. These are the kind of cars people will want to buy. Don't count the General out yet. :patriot:
Well they put all those cars on hold exept the Camaro and Volt. They also put the 2011 new body tahoe/escalade on hold, well canceled for now. I think the current one can carry them for a while though with these markets slowing down, but the cars need to move and move now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.