Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I would be worried it would have an effect on the production quality if they start cutting corners in the manufacturing process and materials.

·
Registered
166 Posts
TOYOTA to the rescue..............................

*mark this down* ......GM now offering the new Camaro at Employee pricing............GUARANTEED!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The big 3 are asking for another $50 billion in U.S. backed loans to keep afloat for the coming year. The Dems will make sure they get it, but they have to use it for "politically correct" operations, like health-care spending and retooling plants that produce high mileage cars.

Here is a quote from Public Citizen, a consumer- advocacy group in Washington-
The Energy Department ``should not provide loans to upgrade plants that produce performance vehicles,'' Joan Claybrook, Public Citizen's president, said in a statement.

So hopefully GM will find a backdoor to finance upgrades and quality control for the Camaro.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
The big 3 are asking for another $50 billion in U.S. backed loans to keep afloat for the coming year. The Dems will make sure they get it, but they have to use it for "politically correct" operations, like health-care spending and retooling plants that produce high mileage cars.

Here is a quote from Public Citizen, a consumer- advocacy group in Washington-
The Energy Department ``should not provide loans to upgrade plants that produce performance vehicles,'' Joan Claybrook, Public Citizen's president, said in a statement.

So hopefully GM will find a backdoor to finance upgrades and quality control for the Camaro.
Uh, if this situation means the Camaro goes (which I doubt it will) for the company to carry on, that is a no brainer ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Uh, if this situation means the Camaro goes (which I doubt it will) for the company to carry on, that is a no brainer ;)
what your going to find later this year/early next is about 30% of the Chevrolet dealers either closing or being sold. Toyota is the only other automaker that would possibly consider buying GM. They already work together on a few projects, the Vibe/Matrix being the most notable.

If you own, work at or have dealings with a dealership, better start kissing ass to the "Big Guy" or you'll be looking for work...................

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
what your going to find later this year/early next is about 30% of the Chevrolet dealers either closing or being sold. Toyota is the only other automaker that would possibly consider buying GM. They already work together on a few projects, the Vibe/Matrix being the most notable.

If you own, work at or have dealings with a dealership, better start kissing ass to the "Big Guy" or you'll be looking for work...................

Toyota buy GM...what are you smoking? will never ever happin.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts

Their partnership goes back to the early 80s with NUMMI and the Nova, Prism etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
obama was in support of raising CAFE standards, and now these auto makers want loans...... goodby camaro and anyother v8 performance cars, if they wanna strike deals for loans.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
why are there so many DOOMDay sayers on this forum?
:BangHead:haven't you heard? we're all going to be driving toyota's soon (any day now)...GM is going to just go poof and implode (you know, because of "red ink rick"). oh, and gas will be $10 a gallon too.

This is the first time that we've ever had a recession so I can bet we'll be living in caves in a couple of years. This message board will have to be carved into the wall. Nice knowing you guys.:BangHead:

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
i worked in a GM stamping plant For 10 years the plant that actualy Made Suburban Hoods,quarters,and Roof....im Was 3rd Gen GM worker at a Plant thats Closeing after 73 years....GM has Been around 100 years Even durring the Depression....When i was there....They always had Ups and downs and recovered as they will now...And the perfeformance Cars will Remain.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
obama was in support of raising CAFE standards, and now these auto makers want loans...... goodby camaro and anyother v8 performance cars, if they wanna strike deals for loans.
"Insano," fits doesn't it?

Well at least you still have your Toyotas.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
My Bad. I started this thread before searching the site for similar threads. Didn't mean to upset anyone, I'll try not to ask repetitive questions or be a Doom troll anymore. Hope this apology brings relief to your burning mangina.

·
8,984 Posts
BTW, the sky is falling!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts