Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 5th gen throttle bodies be a drive by wire, similar to that of the Vette? Anyone know? I havent seen any mention of it.

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
No it will drive by me.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
I know I'll be wired when I drive it. :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
What do mean when you talk about drive-by-wire?
If you mean steering, I don't know of any.
IF you mean throttle, sure, but I wouldn't call that drive-by-wire.
Good post, I always have gotten confused by this. In my opinion a true Drive By Wire vehicle would be like controlling you car through a video game remote control. And if I understand it correctly, there is still some mechanical relationship between what you do in the driver's seat and the response of the car for even new vehicles:confused:

·
Registered
897 Posts
For clarification:

Drive By Wire = electronic throttle.
As opposed to the manual throttle, which is driven by a cable.
Dang you beat my response, thanks for the clear up on the terminology.:)

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
What do mean when you talk about drive-by-wire?
If you mean steering, I don't know of any.
IF you mean throttle, sure, but I wouldn't call that drive-by-wire.
Everyone else does. :)

Drive by wire means electronic wire, like a computer signal. It used to be that you would push the pedal, which would then pull a cable connected to the throttle body.

Now it means that the pedal tells the computer that you want to go faster, and the computer tells the engine to get a move on.

"Wire" is not supposed to mean cable, but computer interface.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Corvette is. Same engine. Answer is: yes.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I prefer the cable, my dad's 05 explorer takes like a second or so for the engine to rev up once you hit the gas. :\
Don't use a tractor trailer's acceleration time to pass judgement on all turbos, catch what I am trying to say?

Go drive a C6 Corvette with DBW. Sports cars with DBW are going to be far different than gas-guzzling Earth Destroyers designed for soccer moms with a single child who is not even out of a car seat yet.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Don't use a tractor trailer's acceleration time to pass judgement on all turbos, catch what I am trying to say?

Go drive a C6 Corvette with DBW. Sports cars with DBW are going to be far different than gas-guzzling Earth Destroyers designed for soccer moms with a single child who is not even out of a car seat yet.
I just know that my 97 S-10's throttle response time is a hellova lot better than the 05 exploder.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Duuuuude.... it's a Ford....... :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts