• Yes

Votes: 47 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 24.2%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wish that i could say yes because it is going to be an amazing car BUT if it does not have a honda or toyota emblem on it the editors of motor trend will say nothing good about it. man i hate that magazine

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
sure it "should"...but MT sucks...so it probably wont. It sure would be good for marketing though.

·
Registered
375 Posts
It should. But I voted "No", cause the way MT'll look at it, is an American company got it once with the cadillac, just to give the impression that their not biased(Like any of us believe that). So I think an import'll get it this year.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I had to a be realist and vote no. There are several reasons, including the typical car magazine import bias. However, since green is now in vogue, how could MT possibly vote Camaro as "car of the year" when it is offered with a PLANET-KILLING V8????:eek::eek: Oh no...the Camaro will be construed as a harbinger of global warming, we can't vote for that! Morons.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I'm not voting on this, because I think the Camaro SHOULD win, but I've subscribed to MT long enough to know that it very likely WON'T win, because they are a bunch of opinionated divas. If something rubs them the wrong way (and we all know this car is polarizing....interior....B pillar.....front slit....), then they will not see the overall picture and vote for it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I would like it to win but voted no, I doubt they will find much the staff will like enough to vote it car of the year. They will say its to big, it uses to much gas, the engine is to small, or some other silly crap that is not true.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Watch the car of the year be the Challenger :lol:

In all seriousness, I think that the next GM car to win Motor Trend's car of the year will be the Chevy Volt in whichever year it happens to come out.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
If they follow the criteria that they always spout in the article (Superiority, Significance, Value), then it SHOULD win.

If you read the paragraph extolling the Caddy CTS, and it's even better than that, then it SHOULD win.

Superiority? The CTS's winning ways go far beyond its fetching facade. Significance? Not only is the CTS the star of a new GM revival (including such standouts as the 2008 Chevy Malibu and Buick Enclave, to name just two), it's a true world car -- tested from the Nurburgring to China and sold across the globe (40,000 to 50,000 annually in the U.S., another 20,000 or so worldwide; Cadillac will also build right-hand-drive versions). Value? Base price is just $32,990, including a 263-horse VVT V-6 (a 304-horse direction-injection version is optional), eight-speaker Bose audio, 17-inch wheels, and dual-zone climate control. In comparison, you'll pay over $33,000 for a base BMW 3 Series sedan with just 230 horses and north of $45K for the more comparably sized BMW 528i.

Could it not win? Yeah. Like I said, if there's something the MT guys/gals don't like about it, they will harp on it, and choose something else. It's what they do. There's almost a whole year for a different new car to come out and take the prize away.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.