Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hope GM wakes up soon..

Does anyone have a clue what the performance pks will be?
Gm did say they will offer a tuned CAI pkg, and catback but did not say what the hp gains would be.
Is there a possible factory SC offered?? I will be graciously backing out of my purchase if the new LS3 can't get the LONG awaited camaro into the 12's stock.. I still can't believe GM discontinued then had yrs to bring back a legend muscle car that can't compete w/ a Ford mustang
GT500.. Say it isn't so!!:BangHead:
I'm not a big Ford guy. All of my muscle cars have been Vettes, Camaros, GTO's. Now none of them can compete with my new GT500 w/ a few bolt ons it truely is a rocket.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a limited production 12 second 5th gen camaro..:BangHead:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Does anyone have a clue what the performance pks will be?
Gm did say they will offer a tuned CAI pkg, and catback but did not say what the hp gains would be.
Is there a possible factory SC offered?? I will be graciously backing out of my purchase if the new LS3 can't get the LONG awaited camaro into the 12's stock.. I still can't believe GM discontinued then had yrs to bring back a legend muscle car that can't compete w/ a Ford mustang
I'm not a big Ford guy. All of my muscle cars have been Vettes, Camaros, GTO's. Now none of them can compete with my new GT500 w/ a few bolt ons it truely is a rocket.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a limited production 12 second 5th gen camaro..:BangHead:
buy an SS then slap a blower on it... costs less than a GT500 and would be faster..

·
Registered
897 Posts
The difference is that the GT500's engine is "built" for boost where the LS3 isn't. You would need more than just a blower to compete with the GT500 if you don't want to blow your engine up :) ..

Crowley
The LS3 will handle a blower just fine with a good tune. They are slapping super chargers on factory G8's without any problems and they are performing great. And I know that GTO owners have done the same. There may be a couple of minor things, but its not like you need new crank, pistons, rods.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I still can't believe GM discontinued then had yrs to bring back a legend muscle car that can't compete w/ a Ford mustang
well first off the camaro is soo much better in so many ways such as a 6spfor every camaro not just for the top of the line

second the camaro has IRS! on all levels!

third the gt500 is a limited production vehicle and the top of the line that costs 70,000+ where as the camaro will most likely cost half of that...

fourth the camaro is not far behind the gt500 and i think it has a better 0-60 than the gt500.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
The LS3 will handle a blower just fine with a good tune. They are slapping super chargers on factory G8's without any problems and they are performing great. And I know that GTO owners have done the same. There may be a couple of minor things, but its not like you need new crank, pistons, rods.
How much PSI are they running? I'm just saying .. you aren't going to crank up the boost like you can on the GT500 ..

Crowley

·
Registered
897 Posts
How much PSI are they running? I'm just saying .. you aren't going to crank up the boost like you can on the GT500 ..

Crowley
Well, definitely not, but you don't need that much boost to push it over 500hp at the wheels. And with a good race setup it should pretty easily take the GT500.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
Well, definitely not, but you don't need that much boost to push it over 500hp at the wheels. And with a good race setup it should pretty easily take the GT500.
x2

NOS reccomends not going over 50% power increase over factory output.

so it should be safe to add up to ~200HP.
That will put you over 600HP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts