Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been my experience that first year runs tend to have short comings that make for rather big mods to 2nd year runs. The GTO going from the 5.7 to the 6.0 for example.

That said, I think my plan is to jump right on a 10 as soon as I can get one, assuming there isn't a ludicrous dealer markup out of the gate of course. Was wondering what the masses were thinking... sorry if this was asked already.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Bob, I'll be right there with you. There's no way I'd be able to see all these bad-a$$ machines rolling around for a year while I waited for a 'possible' upgraded model.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I ordered an 04 GTO and when it came in they marked it up 3800$ so i passed putting it in a nice way. Iwaited 9 months and got 0% plus no gas tax no dealer fee and no destination. So ill wait if i have to .

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I can't wait. I'm gonna order mine ASAP. The LS3 will be around for a few years (it's not like it's been around for a long time already)...so I'm happy. I'm a little disappointed about HUD not being available...but I'll live (and maybe GM will surprise us). Also, I figure the HUD is not going to be a cheap option, so that's just more $$ I can spend on parts.:D

I wont pay over MSRP for the ca...already found a dealer who isn't going to be marking up (or so he says).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well I wont pay off the GTO until Nov 09 and I would wait for the HUD anyways. By then we should know what will be coming for the second model year so I may wait a little more.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
It appears we're going to have to wait, since they're not going to make a convertible yet for a good while it seems.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I couldn't stand not having mine asap. So, whenever dealers start taking orders, mine'll be there.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I'm probably going to wait until 11 or 12 at this point, honestly. I'm hoping the housing market will improve some by then. I'd like to refi the house and pay off the truck.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Jumping!

As for mark-ups, Camaro Scotty on this Forum has guaranteed MSRP or less!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I'm going to have to gamble like the rest of you and jump on the band wagon. . . I almost have my srt4 sold and will be missing my play car. Can't go 2 years with out a play car.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I'm waiting. I'm not sure about until 2011 models.

I still want to see a convertible in person and during the wait see what other options may become available. Then I'm ordering.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I will be waiting, but not because I want to, but because the wife says I have to. We can't afford 2 car payments.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'd love to buy one as soon as possible but I think it would be unwise for me (selling house, 2 car payments..yada) so I'll wait a year or so.

·
Banned
57 Posts
As soon as I'll be able to afford one I'll get the best deal on a use one. I don't think I'll be able to get into a new one any time soon. I figure 1 year used 2010 SS.

·
Registered
31 Posts
As for mark-ups, Camaro Scotty on this Forum has guaranteed MSRP or less!
There is a very high possibility that I will buy one from camaro scotty when I get one, he seems very honest. He also is a camaro lover, so that gets him a few bonus points ;)

As to the topic, I will be wating till 2011, due to the fact that I will be coming back from germany around that time. That and I really want a hud :D

1 - 20 of 75 Posts