Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Have a question, how far does your windows go down "Indexing" when opening the car doors?

Reason I ask is the other day I got a message out of the blue on my DIC that said "roll window down and back up" or something along those lines....so i did. Then I noticed the window doesn't go down as far as it did before this when opening the door... I thought I was going crazy until I checked the passenger door and that went down further then the drivers just like I thought. I found online how to reset this by pulling the harness from the door jam and rada, rada, so i did that, I guess reset the memory and still was the same. I got curious and reset the passenger door and now that one is like the drivers door. Were they not correct to begin with and not in the right position? They both were going down like a inch and now its like a 1/4 or so. :confused:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I'm pretty sure mine go only about a 1/4, maybe 1/2 inch

·
Registered
275 Posts
don't worry about it, its fine, , I've had to do the roll down & back up rest too, sometimes if you disconnect your battery you have to do it,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I almost learned this from another forum, but maybe it'll be some help here. My Camaro loves to display the "roll window up, then back down" thing and then stops indexing the window altogether. I learned that when you follow the steps on the screen, hold the switch down three seconds in each position. If the message goes away, you did it right and your window is reset! I hope this helps!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts