Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2012 TF3 Manual
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if anyone know how to get the factory window sticker re-produced. I would like to also have the build sheet if possible. The original dealer that sold my car took it back in trade then I bought it. I have contacted them and requested they reproduce it. I was told there is no kind of confirmation, he said they send their request in and if its ok they receive the window sticker in the mail up to three weeks later. If it is not ok they receive a letter in the mail stating it cannot be reproduced. Does this sound correct? I am also being told you have to ask the original selling dealer, no other can do it is this correct? Sorry for all the questions just new to the process thank for any help.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts

·
2012 TF3 Manual
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry your right it is a 2012 2lt transformers edition thanks. I will contact the dealer again...

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Here is the link that William from the Chevy Customer Service guys gave me for a Build Sheet: GM Media Archive I'm trying to determine if the "Sample Vehicle Invoice" is a "build sheet" ... anyone know? Based on the link for "Build Sheets", I don't think Invoice equals Build Sheet. Also, not a window sticker, but might be of interest.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Looking to see if anyone know how to get the factory window sticker re-produced. I would like to also have the build sheet if possible. The original dealer that sold my car took it back in trade then I bought it. I have contacted them and requested they reproduce it. I was told there is no kind of confirmation, he said they send their request in and if its ok they receive the window sticker in the mail up to three weeks later. If it is not ok they receive a letter in the mail stating it cannot be reproduced. Does this sound correct? I am also being told you have to ask the original selling dealer, no other can do it is this correct? Sorry for all the questions just new to the process thank for any help.
You are also free to private message me and I'll see how I can assist.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Here is the link that William from the Chevy Customer Service guys gave me for a Build Sheet: GM Media Archive I'm trying to determine if the "Sample Vehicle Invoice" is a "build sheet" ... anyone know? Based on the link for "Build Sheets", I don't think Invoice equals Build Sheet. Also, not a window sticker, but might be of interest.
No, those are not build sheets. Those are INVOICES. The invoice is for that particular VIN and has a wealth of information. It's really for the die-hard documentation folks. It's not a window sticker, but if you had an invoice, a window sticker could be built from that.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
No, those are not build sheets. Those are INVOICES. The invoice is for that particular VIN and has a wealth of information. It's really for the die-hard documentation folks. It's not a window sticker, but if you had an invoice, a window sticker could be built from that.
That is what I thought, but since I have never seen a "build sheet" I don't really know what one looks like and wanted to confirm what I was thinking. I have my window sticker, so I am good on that end. I also have a copy of the dealer title, the person at Motor Vehicles had it to register my car and asked if I wanted a copy.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
A build sheet has all the options on it, but it's mainly a lot of RPO codes for each piece of the car that was put on just about. Such as fan assembly might be coded "OJ" for example on V8 car, and "OH" for a V6 (just pulled that out of my butt, not likely an actual code.). Helps with assembly as to which bin part goes on the car. Still a neat item to have if you can get one.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts

·
2012 TF3 Manual
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are also free to private message me and I'll see how I can assist.
Pm sent thanks for any help you can offer. According to most sites my TF3 2012 v6 manual car is 1 of 49 or so made. This is why I would like the original info to save.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
That's info from a build sheet, so it's still just as good. Here's what a 2002 Camaro SS build sheet looks like. Sometimes called a manifest. I haven't seen a 5th gen build sheet yet.

Attachments

·
2012 TF3 Manual
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do not have the build sheet either, would like to also have that if possible. All I have is the rpo code sticker in trunk and print out of build from the dealer. Just texted the dealer rep today a week later and he says he still has no sticker but no letter saying unavailable either soooo.

·
2012 TF3 Manual
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
9/27 spoke to dealer rep again and still no info on window sticker and build sheet. No notice of unavailability either tho....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts