Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think that factory tint is enough to give the Camaro a really sharp look, or does one have to get darker tint installed? by others...Could you trust an independant installer to do a perfect job taking the car apart..i.e. doors. I have seen some photos here of the darker tint , and I find it really give s the Camaro real class!
Just curious...order with tint or without ?
Mike

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Does anyone think that factory tint is enough to give the Camaro a really sharp look, or does one have to get darker tint installed? by others...Could you trust an independant installer to do a perfect job taking the car apart..i.e. doors. I have seen some photos here of the darker tint , and I find it really give s the Camaro real class!
Just curious...order with tint or without ?
Mike
I don't see any reason why the Camaro windows will be any darker than any other GM product on the road ;)

I have had the windows professionally tinted on about 90% of the vehicles I've owned, the Camaro will be no different.

Take the car apart? Nobody does that to do a simple window tint job :D

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I will get my windows tinted after i get the car. We have an excellent shop that does that and get them as dark as the law will permit me. They won't have to take anything apart to do tint. :cool:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I will get my windows tinted after i get the car. We have an excellent shop that does that and get them as dark as the law will permit me. They won't have to take anything apart to do tint. :cool:

They will install to what the law permits... In their county. I've learned that tint laws vary, not by state or city, but by county. I have about six different counties I drive through at any given time. Some don't allow any tinting, others allow certain amounts. I think the whole thing is stupid. There should be a country wide standard. Anyways, I won't let any of those laws stop me. I'm going to get what I can without going to crazy.

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
In texas, you can only go down to 35% on side windows, but everything else can can be as low as 5% (limo black). Although i do so a number of gangster caprice's & impala's with limo on all the windows.

Tinting is usually the first mod i perform on all my rides.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i have had 20% on my DD for 8 years and never had an issue with the law. even times ive gotten pulled over and cited for anything they can come up with, tint never comes up. A few have said something about no front license plate, but never gotten a ticket for that either. that said, im not putting a plate on the front of my 5th gen either.

·
Registered
166 Posts
if the law actually cites you around here, all you have to do is peel it off and show them you did and they'll throw it out. that being said, i've never been pulled over for it, even when they were "cracking down" on it.

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I tint all my sporty cars. Usually 50%. Enough to know that there's a tint, but still allows me to see out the back window at night without having to guess what's behind me. Remember that with a dark interior your tint will look darker.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts