Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on the news this morning on my local fox station in DC/VA.
The vehicle that was carjacked was a 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT.
Be careful out there at night, look around if something looks odd.

I hope this is in the right place to post. If not, leave it to read.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/090109_woman_abducted_from_metro_station_at_gunpoint

Woman Abducted from Va.
Metro Station
Armed carjacking suspect still on the
loose
Updated: Tuesday, 01 Sep 2009, 11:33 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 01 Sep 2009, 9:39 PM EDT

By MYFOXDC STAFF/myfoxdc
LORTON, Va. - Police in Fairfax County are searching for a suspect who allegedly carjacked a woman in the parking lot of a Metro station on Tuesday night, forced her into the trunk, drover her around for an hour, and then dropped her off and fled.

Authorities say it happened just before 7 p.m. at the Franconia-Springfield Metro station parking garage. Police say the suspect abducted the woman at gunpoint, and forced her into the trunk of her 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. Then, he drove her around for about an hour before dropping her off.

Once free, police say the woman went to a home on Silverdale Road in Lorton, Virginia where she called 911. She was not injured.

Police saw the suspect driving as they approached the scene, and chased him. They say he wrecked his vehicle near Hooes Road and Furnace Road, and then fled on foot.

The suspect is still at large in the area of Lorifax Heights, near Hooes Road and Lorifax Drive. Police describe him as a black male who is about 5'9" and in his 20s. He was last seen wearing a tan t-shirt, and he was armed with a handgun.

Late Tuesday, Fairfax County Police were searching for the suspect using a helicopter and K-9 units. U.S. Park Police are also assisting in the aerial search. Residents were advised to lock their doors and windows and not open the door to strangers until the suspect is in custody.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The guy was arrested late last night, the Camaro looks sick now that he ran messed it up good. He didn't have a care. I wish I could be on his jury. I would be GUILTY!!!!! Guilty for being Stupid.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The guy was arrested late last night, the Camaro looks sick now that he ran messed it up good. He didn't have a care. I wish I could be on his jury. I would be GUILTY!!!!! Guilty for being Stupid.
I'd be so pissed if somebody totaled my camaro..
Let's not lose sight of what is important.

The woman (and owner) of the camaro is safe. Sure this idiot is a tool, but that is why we all have insurance. I would be more pissed at the idiot that damages my car and does not leave a note, or has insurance.

·
Registered
913 Posts
How in the world did he ever get her to fit in the trunk? I'd understand if it was a Challenger...but **** a Camaro trunk?
Video of Number3 floating around putting two full sets of golf clubs in the trunk- hell, I could fit there.

Now, why didn't she just pull the trunk release cord when he stopped at some light or stop sign and jump out?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Now, why didn't she just pull the trunk release cord when he stopped at some light or stop sign and jump out?
It's a high probability that in her state of panic that she didn't even think of it. Fear can be an imobilizing factor, especially for people that go through each day with a "without care in the world" attitude. In my profession we would call this "going into condition black" or total panic. The mind is overloaded with panic and shuts down. That's why I always say, "Stay alert; stay alive!"

Like someone else stated, the woman is okay! The Camaro can be repaired, or replaced. A human life would have been a terrible thing to lose. The suspect deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know, if Fairfax County gave me papers to come to the trail as I juriest, that BallHeaded carjacker would be in trouble with me. If asked if I owned a Camaro, I would say, I own a 2004 GTO.......but then I wonder if the would if they check public records of DMV.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
It's a high probability that in her state of panic that she didn't even think of it. Fear can be an imobilizing factor, especially for people that go through each day with a "without care in the world" attitude. In my profession we would call this "going into condition black" or total panic. The mind is overloaded with panic and shuts down. That's why I always say, "Stay alert; stay alive!"

Like someone else stated, the woman is okay! The Camaro can be repaired, or replaced. A human life would have been a terrible thing to lose. The suspect deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
I concur on all points.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts