Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great news. e-85 is now on sale in Cleveland. My turbo friends and I are going to do some dyno testing to see how much of a boost increase we can get with fuel, injector changes, and tuning.

Here's the question that will be answered sometime next year. GM's horsepower ratings for the Supercharged Z28 engine will be with gas....but what will the number be with e-85, a smaller pulley, and revised timing to take advantage of roughly a 103 octane rating!?!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Well the problem is we don't know what engine that any V8 versions are getting yet and we don't know if any are E85 flex fuel either.

I'm sure they are some great gains to be had if it is boosted flex fuel though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One can hope. GM's at the forefront of alternative fuel. It would make sense to me that they would HEAVILY advertise green with this thing to keep it from being MF'd like the Hummer (wrongly so).

Speaking of "green". I wonder how they're doing on the testing of the Solstice GXP LNF ecotec engine in large cars. 30mpg could be a great way of turning the masses toward this car. Tuners would rapidly get the turbo 4 comparable to the base v8 in terms of power. E85 plus boost.....mmmm. A friend of mine messing with his car has discovered the direct injection has a TON of fuel capacity to spare.

Maximum Bob, if you're listening: Loved your quote in Autoweek about "product guys" running the show now versus the bean counters. If you have to get smaller to survive, do as the Europeans have and go upscale with product. Also, ask the engine management guys to leak some hints on cracking the torque management limitations from the factory ecu :)

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
If they do make it e85 compatable, with more boost and a tune you can probably crank more than 600 to the ground!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
From what I understand the DI cars injectors can supply as much fuel as you will ever need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts