Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
:bs:

i had my hood up when i was fixing my washer bag TODAY, and i tested the new fluid pump with the hood up and the wipers didn't hit!

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Who needs to use the wipers with the hood up anyhow?

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
Point taken. Up here we drive with the hood closed. :D

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Well when im driving i need a clear windshield so i can see my awesome hood

·
Premium Member
4,378 Posts
I belive that the intent was to warn fellow owners that yes, the wipers will hit the hood only "IF" they are pulled away from the widshield while cleaning glass then opening hood while they are still up.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
if the wipers were pulled away from the windshield, then the hood was opened, i can see the hood hitting the wipers... but i'm not gunna try that one :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
u dont need to, i already did and THEY DO HIT n now i got a big @$$ stupid scratch... i was doin a full detail cleaning on the car and had the wipers up, than i wanted to clean underneath the hood... i popped the hood and heard an awful scratching/grinding noise!!! i was pissed at my own stupidity BUT luckily i took it in to my dealership (for an unrelated matter) and they fixed the scratch for FREE

·
Registered
299 Posts
Took my Camaro in to the dealership today for some AC problems and one of the guys there was telling me to never have the hood up while the wipers are on...he says the wipers will hit the hood!! Said he had a friend raise the hood on his car to put fluid in the washer and got a ugly scratch from the from the wipers striking the hood...just a little FYI..;)
Sounds to me that what happened was the wipers were lifted for whatever reason and the hood was raised. :faint:

I've done this on other cars and scratched the hood. I'm very careful with the Camaro.

·
8,984 Posts
This just in. Do NOT recline your seats while filling your gas tank. It causes the blinker fluid to prematurely run low.

·
Registered
380 Posts
This just in. Do NOT recline your seats while filling your gas tank. It causes the blinker fluid to prematurely run low.
Ya, I also heard the resinator fluid will run out of the resinator... :lol:

One last question. How come, we drive on a parkway, But park in a driveway?

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
dont the wipers hit the hood on just about every car, if the hoods open and the wipers are on? and why would you even do that? minus the hummer,viper,corvette and any other cars that hood opens backwards.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
One more word of warning: do not pee on the side of the road. If nothing else the wind might blow the wrong way and get pee on your car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts