Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone really worried about buying the camaro with the thought of it being the first year they released this one and people always say "Never buy a car the first year it comes out". I personally dont give a $h** because the car is sick. To me the rewards outweigh the risks.. just want everyones opinion.

·
Registered
471 Posts
so far its been pretty good. yea a few bugs here and there but theyve all been taken care of. GM handled the tranny problem perfectly IMO. this car is better quality out of the gates than many cars are 3 years into a model

·
Registered
165 Posts
i say go buy one. i dont buy into the whole 1st year car being a lemon thing. my 1993 was a 1st year car and i think its held its own against later models. and is still **** reliable even as a highly modded car! besides even if the following year models get upgrades you can always add them to your car! even if it came with hud next year i wouldnt go off and trade in mine to have that option.

·
Registered
193 Posts
These were a LONG LONG time in R and D ,, they may as well be a 6th year car.

·
Registered
459 Posts
The first Camaro I bought was a 67 SS in 67 and I had very few problems and since I have my 2010 Camaro I have had no problems.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Chevy has much to lose by releasing a car that would get a reputation as a lemon. I have 1,400 miles on my '10 SS and I love it. I do not have a bad thing to say about it. It is even better than I thought that it would be. Have no fear of buying one.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Honestly I dont think the fact that this was a first year car ever entered into my mind as a negative. I loved it from the first moment I sat in it at the auto show and havent second guessed the decision to buy one sense. besides It comes with a great warranty lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm not too worried about first year bugs. Either way I want this car enough that I'll look past them. GM has also been great thus far in recognizing flaws and fixing them very timely.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Gm was in no position to put out a first year lemon. They HAD to get it right and they did!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Buy now, after the initial release the next program is usually to cost reduce the product which often comes at the cost of quality.

I have over 1800 miles on mine and I love it...no problems.

Semper Fi,

G

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Gm has indeed handled the few minor problems very well and quickly.
However this is why I have not placed my order YET. This is a NEW Car and there is some stuff that was or is sure to happen to EVERY NEW AUTOMOBILE. so im letting GM work out the kinks then my time will come.
I used to say I will wait for the 2nd year however im going to order right after XMAS or maybe right before. That should be late enough in the first year and close enough to the 2nd year to where I will be comfortable.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I did not learn my lesson with my 2003 SSR.
First year was high price and had a few flaws. Nothing major as I was VIN 2393 late in the run.
First of run had convert top problems and door handle problems, the electric fan was the only long lasting problem that run threw the whole 4 year run. Each year was cheaper price and better build 05 and 06 had bigger engine.

But here I’m at first year again….. sick….. I have the disease.

·
Registered
262 Posts
BS on that thought. GM did it's research on this one and like said it's better than most 6th year cars. Very little issue with the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Statistics prove that first year models have the most problems (regarless of make/model)...and unfortunately, statistics don't lie. You have a warranty, so what if you have to take it in and get it fixed, etc.,...it goes with the territory...

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
That USED to be the norm, but now I don't think so because in comparison, the quality I'm seeing on the Camaro is better than some yesteryear models that had been out for a few years. Sure, there's always unforseen things that show up, but so far, they've been relatively minor. At least the gas pedal didn't just drop to the floor.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I agree the Camaro looks good so far, that's why I'm in.
Compaired to the SSR that was rushed to market the Camaro has taken it's time. It will be intersting to see what changes and what prices will be in the future.

With the flaws and cost I still love my SSR, had it before many other had it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Go ahead and buy it. Most of the stuff was beta tested on the Corvette. I bought a 1998 Z-28 and it was a great car. It was the first year of the LS-1 for the Camaro but it made the Vette a year earlier. The LS-3 is being used in the Vettes and so are the tranny's and the independant rear suspension.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts