Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a stop light on my way home from work when I heard the most God awful sound I had ever heard from a car. At first I thought someone had lost their exhaust system, but when I looked over it was a red 2010 or 11 Camaro.

I've heard just about every exhaust system in the youtube bites but nothing like this. Has anyone else ran into a "should have left it stock" exhaust system?

List your least favorite exhaust.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I dont like stock for sure, but running open cut-out's on the street is not on my list of favorites and neither is SLP's loudmouth.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I really wish I could get it to sound like my old 3rd gen w/ flowmasters. That is what I miss most from the old car.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really wish I could get it to sound like my old 3rd gen w/ flowmasters. That is what I miss most from the old car.

ARH header and either the Borla S or ATAK will sound better.

You could always get the ARH headers with some glass packs. That brings back memories

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I was modifying may camaro, I tried the Flowmasters series 44 Muflers, They would resonate at about 35 to 40 MPH. The resonance was so loud that if you had fillings in your Teeth, they would have come loose, I got rid of those Mufflers fast.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I dont like stock for sure, but running open cut-out's on the street is not on my list of favorites and neither is SLP's loudmouth.
Before I ordered my 2002 SS back in '02, I drove one with the SLP Loudmouth and you are so RIGHT. At 80 mph, all I could hear was the droning rumble and not the stereo. Needless to say, I ordered my SS and did not buy the one with the Loudmouth.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've heard some really sweet exhaust systems and some really horrendous sounding ones. When I was a teenager I had glass packs on my '67 Camaro and loved it. My '99 Camaro was all stock and I loved the sound of it.

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I suppose that applies to the ears as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What we need is the Dual Mode exhaust like the Corvettes have. :cool:

Then all you have to do is add the mild-2-wild kit and you can have loud when you want it, and quiet when you don't. :thumbsup:

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
What we need is the Dual Mode exhaust like the Corvettes have. :cool:

Then all you have to do is add the mild-2-wild kit and you can have loud when you want it, and quiet when you don't. :thumbsup:
Isn't that exactly what electrical exhaust cut-outs do? [URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have a 2002 SS Camaro with the SLP High Performance Center Mount Exhaust, and I Love it. IMO- it's one of the best "factory" sounding exhaust that Camaro ever had. Yes, I can see where people think the Loudmouth is a bit much, but step in Jade one time with the full 3 1/2 inch Flowmaster Supper 44's, and the SLP Loudmouth is no longer that loud.... Ha Ha Ha!!1

·
Registered
9 Posts
Isn't that exactly what electrical exhaust cut-outs do? [URL="
[/URL]
I'm not too familiar with corvettes, but I did go through a few different exhaust set ups on my 99 SS. Had SLP LM, and ended up swapping over to QTP LT's, QTP ORY, E-cut out, and magna flow. If anyone is looking for mild to wild that is definitely the way to go! Flick of a switch (or remote from what i read now a days) is all it takes. Best of both worlds IMO.

·
3,081 Posts
I'm not too familiar with corvettes, but I did go through a few different exhaust set ups on my 99 SS. Had SLP LM, and ended up swapping over to QTP LT's, QTP ORY, E-cut out, and magna flow. If anyone is looking for mild to wild that is definitely the way to go! Flick of a switch (or remote from what i read now a days) is all it takes. Best of both worlds IMO.
Have the QTP electric exhaust cutouts on mine and love it!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
^^^ As soon as I pick up a 5th gen I think that will have to be one of the first mods I do, after I put a full exhuast together! Love the LOUD!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I've never heard flowmasters sound good on any f-body. The sound great on the
mustang but prolly cause they have true duals.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts