Modern Camaro Forums banner

Would you still buy a 5th Gen Camaro Is GM went under?

• NO

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • Hell yes

Votes: 67 70.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would you still buy a Camaro 5Th Gen if GM was about to go under or Was Filing for Bankruptcy

I know there Not gonna i Have Total Confidence But this thread Is to Show the True Grit,The true Passion a car Guy/woman has?

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Hell yes! A Camaro is a Camaro, and I especially couldn't pass one up that is as good as the 5th Gen.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Better off to buy a model one and put it on a shelf.

Passion-wise, you want to say yes. Practicality-wise I have to say probably not. This is providing the doors go closed.

When/if everyone buys one, and the industry flips over and dies, then you'll have a Camaro. This is the good part. If the window motor fries, or you need to replace a headlamp after a rock (God forbid) breaks it, or the transmission toasts, then warranty or not, you're stuck with having to find parts for it. Imagine a new car and you're out there looking for NOS parts for it just like it was a an old classic...and used parts probably won't be out there either.

Dicey proposition, unless you just keep it in the garage. Which brings me back to the point of getting the smaller version that sits on your desk. A lot cheaper.

I say that because I haven't bought one yet. We have two perfectly fine 4th Gens right now that makes me happy, so I guess if I didn't have any, I'd probably change my tune.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
el ess X:Well Isuzu Motors went out of business 2 years ago, but their warranty and repair is still open, and it's still ranked highly for maintenance and repair. Keep in mind that all of Isuzu cars were rebadged GM vehicles. If GM does go outta business (unlikely) I think one of the smarter things they would do this decade is keep their warranty and repair services open.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Hell yes. Besides the Autozone commercial says it best: After 36,000 miles you are the warranty.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
This is STILL a "sky is falling" thread...

After the UAW carried Obama this election season, I doubt he's going to let GM crash and burn.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Who was the tool that voted no! Undercover ricer you think?:confused:

:patriot::roxor::patriot:
Who is the azzhat asking that question? :rolleyes:

I voted no and explained my position. I'm practical with my money. Not an idiot. How many on here bought GM stock a while back when there was a "show your support" thread? If you did, how much is your investment worth today? I'll bet you're singing a different tune now if you did. Sorry, business is business, and if GM goes completely out of business (which I doubt), all those shares will be worthless.

And since nobody even has their car yet, and things get worse, you may not even get that.

All we can do is hope and pray it doesn't happen. But if it does, there's nothing we can do.

Disclaimer: I really WANT to buy a new convertible SS. My answers to this poll is based solely on the poll questions as presented without caveats or inferring any other information not laid out in the questions. Whether I will buy one or not will be dependent on what transpires between now and then. Hopefully, by the time it would be released, GM should be in the position of either being there to support it or not. If they release it, then all should be good.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
the reason why i voted no is majority for the same reason why el ess x did i mean wat if some idiot in a nissan rearends my 5th gen and since gm (at the time) out of business it would cost me alot of money to fix(more so if the company was still in business).but i hope UAW realizes the severity of the situation and man up

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
This is STILL a "sky is falling" thread...

After the UAW carried Obama this election season, I doubt he's going to let GM crash and burn.
I agree and I am sure the UAW will be pissed if GM files bankruptcy and then gets to renegotiate all there contracts and not have to pay health insurance for those no longer working there. Also would be paying less hourly salery for current workers.

IMO GM would be the one that benifits from a bankruptcy. They could then compete with the japan cars much better because they would make much higher profits than now.

I am sorry for those that are in the UAW, but IMO the UAW is a thorn in the side of the american auto industry and if they keep on they will go down with the ship.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
There is so much negativity on this thread. Can we just focus on the REAL subject? Let's stop beating around the bush and take it seriously for a while...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Durn tootin' I would! :lol:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts