Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even after all the snow, the skidmarks from last year remain! Those are all from me lighting up those Firehawks leaving the house... some are over 40 feet long... not bad at all for a 305TBI!!! My poor neighbors lol...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Not to come down on you, but that isn't exactly where I'd want to be putting my foot in it. Residential area in front of your house is a pretty poor choice of location for having a little fun. I'm kinda surprised your parents haven't taken your keys or your neighbors said anything. I only put my foot in it in front of my house once before my neighbors called my parents and put an end to that with my parents taking my keys for a week.

When I want to have fun, I find a place that is far away from people and during a time that no one else is out and about. And even then you can still get in trouble. I was cruising the back roads at 70 one night (SL was 30) and got pulled over by the Sheriff. He gave me a verbal warning after informing me that a ticket for 70 in a 30 would result in the following:

Reckless driving, Class A misdemeanor: upto 1 year in jail and upto $5000 ticket.

Loss of license till 21.

Mandatory 1 year probation and 1yr probationary driving program with mandatory drivers ed and retaking of license test.

Loss of full license privileges till 25.

Let this be a word to the wise that youth and speed don't go well together. For the love of God slow down!

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Not to come down on you, but that isn't exactly where I'd want to be putting my foot in it. Residential area in front of your house is a pretty poor choice of location for having a little fun. I'm kinda surprised your parents haven't taken your keys or your neighbors said anything. I only put my foot in it in front of my house once before my neighbors called my parents and put an end to that with my parents taking my keys for a week.

When I want to have fun, I find a place that is far away from people and during a time that no one else is out and about. And even then you can still get in trouble. I was cruising the back roads at 70 one night (SL was 30) and got pulled over by the Sheriff. He gave me a verbal warning after informing me that a ticket for 70 in a 30 would result in the following:

Reckless driving, Class A misdemeanor: upto 1 year in jail and upto $5000 ticket.

Loss of license till 21.

Mandatory 1 year probation and 1yr probationary driving program with mandatory drivers ed and retaking of license test.

Let this be a word to the wise that youth and speed don't go well together. For the love of God slow down!

LOL are u serious? I have like 4 sets worth of melted rubber in front of my house.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Parking lot at my office has a set of marks that date from April of 2004. A twenty-foot pair of left parentheses, then a two-foot gap, followed by a 30-foot pair of right parentheses.

No idea where thery came from, though...

·
Registered
77 Posts
ive had 3 reckless driving tickets, nothing ever happened, just paid my fine, no loss of my DL no community service, nothing, thats just what they "COULD" do to you with the full extent of the law,

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:meh:

HB, I have longer skid marks in my underwear........'turn-n-burns' are weak.

BTW, I find your avatar offensive and disrespectful to special needs children.
Gross lol.

And I'm sorry... does that mean I need to change it? It's not really aimmed at making fun of the special olympics, more at the people that are trolls on forums like these. I have nothing against special needs people.

Oh, and thanks to all who complimented my pics!

·
8,984 Posts

Loss of license till 21.

He's 18, give him 10 years, let's hope heearns from his ways.

I agree with Jon.

Kid it's time to get a helmet; Jon doesn't like something you did.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Modsled said:
LOL are u serious? I have like 4 sets worth of melted rubber in front of my house.
Yep, my neighbors were awfully defensive of that pristine gravel road that was in front of our houses.

fuel-1985 said:
ive had 3 reckless driving tickets, nothing ever happened, just paid my fine, no loss of my DL no community service, nothing, thats just what they "COULD" do to you with the full extent of the law.
I was 17 when that happened and in Missouri at that time they were cracking down big time on reckless driving. I was pulled over only a few miles from my house out on the county roads.

He's 18, give him 10 years, let's hope he learns from his ways.

I agree with Jon.

Kid it's time to get a helmet; Jon doesn't like something you did.
I was 17 when I got busted, so I'm just giving him an FYI so he doesn't get in the same **** that I almost did.

And I agree, change the avatar. I used to mentor special needs kids in High School and I absolutely hate **** like that.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I say to hell with the pigs... I'm sure I'll get a ticket someday, but I have a Camaro and sometimes I just want to have fun!
Its your ass then. Everyone on this site has advised you that doing what your doing isn't smart. Don't take mine or anyone elses "free pass" situation on this site as a standard of how police are going to treat you when you get pulled over.

Tickets aren't worth it and neither is ending up wrapped around a telephone pole. Too many people I went to HS with died because they thought they were bullet proof, that was till they went off the road and into that telephone pole.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its your ass then. Everyone on this site has advised you that doing what your doing isn't smart. Don't take mine or anyone elses "free pass" situation on this site as a standard of how police are going to treat you when you get pulled over.

Tickets aren't worth it and neither is ending up wrapped around a telephone pole. Too many people I went to HS with died because they thought they were bullet proof, that was till they went off the road and into that telephone pole.
Okay... this is confusing me! I just like to get my car a little sideways coming out of my own personal driveway... I don't drive wrecklessly all the time. I baby my car IMO. I have never gotten a ticket, and I live in a small town, where everyone knows everybody, and you get tickets for not coming to a complete stop. I have cops actually giving me the thumbs up when I drive by. I assure you, my driving is fine.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
And I'm sorry... does that mean I need to change it? It's not really aimmed at making fun of the special olympics, more at the people that are trolls on forums like these. I have nothing against special needs people.
Keep your lame ass apology to yourself, bud......right now, your word means crap to me. Feel free to use whatever avatar you like, but I advise you to curb the direction you're headed in. :mad:

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
don't burn out in front of your house,

I burn out in my back yard, in front and inside my rear garage. Yes, I said INSIDE my rear garage.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts