Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, finally getting around to fixing the DD rash on the 2010 SS. Wraith is the original name of my '78 Z28. The 2010 is her little sister and has been my daily driver since 2011 ('78 is awaiting paint and a 496BB). Between grocery carts, bicycles, door dings and an Oh Deer mishap, she's feeling a bit worn. This year I've decided to upgrade her stature and performance, 1st item of business is to take care of the wear and tear. Pics shortly.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
And before I pulled her into the garage this weekend. Stripes are simply plastidip, so I could get a visual on where I want them to lay on the hood and bumper. Still haven't decided on the color. Ordered a ZL1 bumper cover and associated parts to replace the current damage.

·
Registered
242 Posts
will look great with ZL1 front end

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Will look super with the ZL1 bumper, and big sister is pretty cool too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Quite a pair ... hope you get her back to health soon

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, 2 totally different cars, both fun in their own way. The SS will be done by the end of the month, just in time for warmer weather. Pics of the 1st coat of primer on the dents, dings and scratches-

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
More progress pics. Masked, primed, blocked, primed, sealed and base coat. Getting ready to mask the stripes next, then clear in the morning.

Probably have 35-40 hours in the repairs and paint, I call it shop therapy...

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stripes in base. Had to be a bit different. Threw a light coat of pearl on top of the carbon grey as well.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
nice ... are you doing that in your garage?

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup, that's my humble 2 car shop. Wife is patient when I have both bays filled up...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts