Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i know I don't live in an huge area with tons of people. (About 3 hours north of Pittsburgh,PA)

I contacted many local dealers today and these fools are F-ing clueless.

Here is what I sent to every dealer.

"Hello and good after noon.

I'm touching base with several local dealers to find out if you will be selling the 2010 Camaro for MSRP or less. Chevy just released the prices and opened up the system to place orders today. I am looking to put a deposit down on a 2SS-RS today. My second question is has your pre-orders for the Camaro exceeded you allocation alloted to you for the first shipment?

When you have a moment please get back to me.

-J"

Here are emails i got back!

We are still awaiting info on ordering and pricing for the new Camaro. When we receive allocation to place our order I would be happy to contact you.

Jody Britton
Jeremy, thanks for checking with seidle Chevy about the new 2010 Camaro. this car will be available to dealers in the spring of 2009 and will be limited production. We do not have any info as far as pricing and packages but we will e-mail you as soon as we get product information. thanks, Tom Seidle
Dear Jeremy,
Thank you for your request. We will probably not sell the new Camaro less than MSRP. We still have to research what we think the market will be on this car. I am sure they will be in short supply. Please feel free to call me personally with any additional questions. 800-676-0583 ext 7220.
Best regards,
Bill LaChance
GM Internet Manager

This is just ridiculous.

Anyone know a knowledgeable dealer around Pittsburgh?

·
Registered
118 Posts
2 dealers i talked to said all they new were the 2 or 3 allocated cars they were getting and would be marked up would i like my name on the list/

·
Registered
26 Posts
welcome to chevy dealers not giving a crap. i am having the same problems on long island

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Humm. . . CAMARO SCOTTY!!!!

Where you be?
Than again I am sure he's allocation was full a long time ago.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
seem to be hitting that here...I was #2 in a list at a dealer who told me that they'd be selling at MSRP...I spoke to him friday...seems that their allocation was only 2...and someone not on the list offered $1000 over MSRP, so I'm SOL.

So...I sent out an email to 6 other dealers...so far, 1 dealer is $5000 over MSRP, they have 1 available. 1 dealer is selling at MSRP, but has no idea what their allocation is and 1 other dealer said they usually don't markup, but has to ask his manager to make sure that's the case (and he doesn't have any info on allocation yet).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Call Superior Chevrolet in Decatur GA (678 999-6806), ask for Richard Lenox.
I just ordered one for me and one for my Pop. He has 2 allocations left.
He put in writing for me "Price sibject to MSRP as delivered or supplier pricing if available"

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm still hoping for a Bumblee Bee package, but would like to get my name on top of the list for the first shipments.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is what I have sent back to them.

Thanks for the reply Bill.

Since I've been following the Camaro since the concept I may have a little more info than you. Chevy has allotted to sell 100,000 Camaro's each year. Thus I don't think there will be a "limited" supply of them. I am unsure on the allocation that will be provided to you though. Chevy has allocated the number of cars on how many 4th gen Camaro's each dealership has sold.

I am also attaching the documentation apparently not one Chevy dealer I have talked to has yet. (Which is unacceptable since today is the first date you can place an order for the Camaro. Check your computer if you don't know this yet.)
The first one is a Price List and the second is the options and trim levels. I also have a copy of the dealership sales person brochure if you need this too.

Thanks for the reply.
maybe it will light a fire under some of these turds.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
maybe they are referring to their allotment as 'limited'

It is foolish to think most dealers will not charge any markup at first, it's all about supply and demand and wanting to be the first one on the block with a new Camaro, that always comes with a price.

This should be no surprise...

·
Registered
28 Posts
HAHA..Pennsylvania must be a bunch of screwups...We have a local dealer here who is very friendly and always been great to deal with. I got a call today after contacting them and they stated that the car would be out in March or April and did not know when orders could be placed and had no pricing and wouldnt until Nov. or Dec. Its really bad when these dealers just have no clue...why cant everyone get on the same page? I mean Camaro Scotty has been up front with all of us on the stuff he has gotten on the Camaro....does every dealer not get the same info?:BangHead:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts