Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I am not a regular contributor over the past 18 or so months, I still visit regularly. I found this place when it was called 5thGen.org Back then, it was a small group, and while I am pleased to see that it has grown, I have to call out the ownership group. WTF are you guys doing? Is your mission in life to drive membership down to zero? With a new computer, I accessed the MC Lounge page and this is what I see:

Take a look at the first forum ...

I realized that I had not logged on with the new computer, so when I did, that particular thread was gone. But say I was visiting, looking for information on the new Camaros and stumbled upon the MC Lounge. Would I join a Camaro forum that advertises and attempts t give away a Mustang?

Do the new owners have any idea? Or is this simple greed ...

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Ever since Tim sold out i have been saying that. The new owners are here to make themselves money. I love this site and will never leave but i don't contribute as much as i use to since the take over...:(

·
Registered
529 Posts
The owners of the forum is a company called Vertical Scope. They've been known to turn community orientated forums into money making opportunities. It happened with another forum I'm on. The forum is called Trailvoy.com - The Chevy Trailblazer and GMC Envoy Enthusiast Site. A bunch of the members there got sick with all of the ads and crap that was being posted, they started a new forum called GMTNation.com.

Another truck forum I'm on, 355nation.com was also sold to vertical scope but the previous owner is still an admin on the site, and in the sales contract, clearly told vertical scope that they cannot post up all of their ads for registered members and for him to remain in control of what happens.

So yeah, once the large company took up ownership, its been all about the $$ and not the community.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I couldn't agree with Bama anymore.... He nailed it on the head!! I've said it many times, voiced my opinion countless times that this site sucks!! I rarely contribute because, unfortunately, there is no information on here, sponsors leave, and nothing new gets posted. But yet, you have members here that will argue, "This is the Best and Only Camaro site!!"..... Please. This site has gone down so much that it's hard just to find and nominate a "Member of the Month" because no one sticks around. The last couple of months it's been like pulling teeth to get people nominated and voting.

Speed Kills- You nailed it on the head...... Sad, but true.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Been here since the beginning and know what ya mean. I don't mind adds related to GM cars or something that might be somehow related, but some of these adds just.....

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
I have also been disappointed as of late, but that other forum just gripes the [email protected] outta me so much that I do not enjoy going there at all ... I pretty much ignore all the ads but do look at (and buy when I see something I like) all of the sponsor posts ... I don't know when the ownership changed here, but I suspect it was near or before when I joined ... I'll still be checking in here every night hoping some more people stick around ... the thing that worries me this the most now about MoM is someone comes long enough to be awarded and then they immediately (or very soon after) disappear, seems he have had a few of those.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
You guys are stuck with me...I'm staying....I may not always post but I do read new threads every morning and night

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Yes this forum has changed tremendously since I've joined it many years ago. Sure I don't post as much as I used to but I still come back eventually. We used to have a chat room which was popular on mibbit but that faded away as well

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
I'll always be here, I love the friends we have here and enjoy hearing from them. I too get busy and am not around daily like I use too, but that will change for the better soon when I get my new office set up again.;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I contribute to this forum and the other one. I sincerely appreciate the info shared and have put it to good use. Hopefully they can continue to operate because it is nice to sometimes have another point of view. This forum seams to be a little more laid back and appreciates different points of view. Another favorite forum of mine is for the v6 but it is not doing so good. Hope we can continue to grow and post interesting subjects and mods.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
We can see that....Mister I have 10,980 posts...lol
Am going to have to start the when will hot rod become the #1 poster contest soon ... of course it will have to have the same rule as the last time ... Hot rod will not be able to post on it until he is posting the go ahead post :lol: I know he hated that :lol: but I'm just that way:D

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I don't judge the whole forum by what goes on in the Lounge.... I judge this site by the lack of sponsors, lack of information, and the fact that certain people can get away with saying anything they want to anyone they want.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
well its nice to see that most everyone on this post is still around ... even VegasGirl has kept here promise :lol: now still debating on the HotRod contest :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don't think I know what it was before, being fairly new. I do enjoy the casual MC Lounge conversations, and if I have questions about my car, I go into the technical forums to ask questions and see what others have discovered. I think its an awesome place, I just ignore what doesn't interest me. Love ya guys!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts