Modern Camaro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a Google news alert about an article mentioning a new yellow Camaro that crashed into a mailbox in/near Helena Montana, but the article is gone. Anyone happen to be local and heard about it?

Here is a snippet: Intersection oversight ends with new Camaro in mailbox ... Brett Petty, officer with the Helena Police Department, said the yellow Camaro was heading west ...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Google is your friend.

http://www.helenair.com/articles/2009/08/03/local/65lo_090803_crash.txt

Intersection oversight ends with new Camaro in mailbox
By ALANA LISTOE - Independent Record - 08/03/09

The driver of a new Camaro suffered minor injures after clipping a minivan and crashing into a FedEx box Sunday morning.

Alana Listoe Independent Record - Emergency personnel respond to a call Sunday morning after a vehicle crashed into a FedEx box on the corner of Fuller and Lawrence.

Emergency officials responded to a vehicle versus building call just before 10 a.m. on the corner of Fuller Avenue and Lawrence Street. Upon arrival officers found a new Camaro smashed into a FedEx box outside of Allegra Print and Imaging and a minivan a few hundred yards away that had been hit.

Brett Petty, officer with the Helena Police Department, said the yellow Camaro was heading west on Lawrence when a maroon minivan traveling north on Fuller failed to stop at the flashing red light, causing the accident. The driver of the minivan was cited for failure to stop, Petty said.

Two males in the Camaro were checked for injuries at the scene, and Petty said the driver sought medical care afterwards.

Petty said the FedEx box was destroyed. The impact pushed the box into the bricks of the building, causing minimal damage.

Alcohol was not a factor, he added.

·
Registered
514 Posts
:agree:, feel bad for them and the car...the poor car:lol:
Somebody take the driver out to the back of the building and teach 'em a lesson in "quit texting or talking on your cell phone":lol:

·
Registered
326 Posts
"Emergency officials responded to a vehicle versus building call" love this phrase.

I think this proves that minivans are overpowered and their drivers can't control them. When will manufactureres learn?

Bad thing about having a Camaro right now,run your MOnte Carlo into a tree, MAYBE make the local paper. Hit anything with a Camaro its all over the country. :D

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
219 Posts
Had you read my post you would have seen that the article was missing for a while this morning, thanks for paying attention :thumbsup:
It was missing from a different news site. The link I found was a different reporting.

·
Registered
165 Posts
lots of these accidents could be avoided if the drivers just payed a bit more attention. anytime im out in my cars i treat it like everyones out to get me and watch all my surroundings. most people dont even look twice before taking off from a green light to watch for someone running a red light.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
that sucks. stupid minivan... smashing the nice looking Camaro. i have some sodium silicate with that minivan's name on it. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
FOOL! May the same happen to yours...
Woah.......Hold on man he is just kidding there so don't take this so personal :)
just a bit of advice we all like to joke here and there but nothing is taken personal on here from one another.
if that bothered you......OH BOY..... You might as well tie a pork chop off your belt and say you are walking into a pack of wolves

Welcome to :5go: and enjoy your stay.....speak up and have some fun and take what people say like a grain of salt. Feel free to learn and give some info on your own :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I'm sure the owner doesn't feel that way! I hope that no similar mishaps befall you, when your get you Camaro 2SS. ;)
FOOL! May the same happen to yours...
I put the :cheers: smiley in my facetious reply for a reason.

I suppose if you were around more you'd know I was joking. I don't care if it's a V6 and/or an automatic (two opposites of what I prefer), it's a Camaro, and that's why we're on this site. Relax! :5go:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.