Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my buddy's GT500 Cobra.

I had to take a picture of the taillights since we Camaro owners rarely ever get to see them.

Usually it's the other way around. :D

I didn't pixelate his license plate. That's his camera shield. I guess they really work. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Um, not that I'm breaking the law or anything. It's for a study I'm doing...;)

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're welcome my friend.

When I took the picture of my buddy's GT500, I could clearly see his plate, but when I looked at the picture to downsize it and post it, it was unreadable like you see.

I guess they really do work.

·
Registered
80 Posts
With all the automatic speed cameras and red light cameras that are being installed locally, this could save your butt when the light changes too fast and the camera takes a pic to mail you a $50 ticket. Very interesting indeed!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I saw this before on a honda civic some girl was driving. At an angel you can see the rectangular clear film applied to the plate. I wonder what a cop would do if he saw that? How would one be able to explain that?

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Even normal clear covers are illegal here in Iowa.

I figure my car gets enough attention without doing the plate thing.

However, there is a James Bond Style flip-down for the rear that can't be seen because it fits in the triangular holes behind the rear plate and flips the plate down in a 10th of a second foiling speed cameras that take a picture of your rear plate after you pass.

When it's not flipped, it looks perfectly legit.

http://www.speedflip.com/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts