Modern Camaro Forums banner

What life will your 5th gen lead?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you plan on using your Camaro when you get it? Want to save it, Cruise it, drive the hell out of it, race it, drive/race it?

Me personally it will be the same as my red car was before my serious mods only it will never be relegated to weekend only status because of hardcore mods. Before I decided to turn it into a hardcore racecar that is barely streetable (to some to me its perfectly streetable 3600 stall, 4.11 gears extremely loud exhaust in all soon to be caged) I drove that car everywhere. Nashville at least 10 times, Owensboro KY at least 3 times, Panama City once, Daytona Beach once, back and forth to work every day (100 miles a day), and anytime I just felt like driving, as well as many trips to the strip. I'll not need a full out strip car anymore and it will see the track a few times just to see where she stands but all in all I plan on driving the wheels of this thing everyday.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Mine will be everyday also. Dont plan to make any long hauls like ^slim^ here but will drive it everyday. And lets just say that I do not have lightest foot around either.
Speaking of heavy footedness, the 6 ltr engines consumes about a quart of oil every oil change unless you drive it hard. I wonder if the 6.2 will be the same?

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I'll be using my 5th Gen. similar to how I use the 4th Gen., weekends, cruises, shows,....:cool:

But I'm sure I'll be afflicted with the same problem I have now...I look for reasons to take a ride, and out comes the Camaro. :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
i will drive it every day, on more trips that are needed. to work and back, the store and back, AND for those long cruises every weekend, looking for volunteers (victims) to mess with on the highway. along with going to the strip as often as i can. there will be mods. if it comes out as BAD _SS as they say it is going to be, then there will be only a few mods..., but if it needs more, then its definately going to get it.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Mine's going to stay stock (because any mods change the class in auto-crossing). But it'll be a daily driver. Unfortunately my office is 5 miles from my house, so I'm going to have to find a longer way to/from work. :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Another Pony for the stable, weekend drives, pamper and put away. To many sunny days and to many verts to drop and enjoy!!!!

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Sort of a combo for me...

Mainly it will be my daily driver from March to November. It will also see some racing in all forms: drag racing, autocross, and a bit of road racing.

I don't put many miles on my cars, so it'll probably get 8-10K miles per year.

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
If my current plan goes through (I'm thinking of swapping my Camry for a Miata in about a year), I'll have a zippy little 'vert until the Camaro 'vert is out. Then, if the 'Maro still has me as charmed as it does now (and it quite likely will :D), I'll turn the Miata either into a track car or get rid of it, and usher in a proper black V8 beast and have it be my daily driver with a dose of muscle. Even if I keep the Miata I'll most likely track/AutoX the Camaro at least occasionally, 'cause it'd be a deathly sin if I didn't. The mods will probably be light in both cases.

I'm sure trips between the Bay Area (where I'll be at school) and LA/SD (where my friends/family live) will be quite fun in a 400+hp convertible. :D

So yeah, my Camaro will do pretty much everything. :) I'm not looking into buying a driver's car to watch it glitter in my garage.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Mine'll be daily driver from mid-April to the end of October weather permitting, then park her for the winter. The only thing I plan on changing if the exhaust system, if the factory one don't sound good. If it sounds like the concept or better, I'll leave that alone.

·
Registered
742 Posts
i plan on keepin the prix and making that a 11 second car but i do want to dive my 5th gen when i go out.... for example to dinner, car shows, ect, but as school and work, ill drive the prix. but u can't tame a beast??

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I going to progressively mod the car. I cant say how it will be used, until I have some seat time. I do know this car will be used as a DD as a start, with the Mustang as a rainy day car that will curb some of the mileage off the camaro.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
i bought my z in july and have put close to 10k on it since.....not sure how the 5thgen will be treated guess it will depend on gas prices etc:patriot:

·
saving my $$$ for 2010...
43 Posts
Mine will be babied like a newborn forever. I probably wouldn't be putting more than 5k per year. I will take her out on special occasions and nice weekends. It will NEVER see a drop of rain if I could help it. It's a very special car and I gotta do my best to preserve it. :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Daily Driver but will be garaged in the winter.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i bought my z in july and have put close to 10k on it since.....not sure how the 5thgen will be treated guess it will depend on gas prices etc:patriot:
Sounds like me. The first week we got it we drove it to Panama City. I'm going to do my part to make sure everyone out there sees it.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Find a Mustang solid rear axle. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts