Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the bottom right corner of the vehicle sticker there is a number. Mine says 1GA0034355. Is that my car number or is it the last five of the vin?

·
Registered
43 Posts
In the bottom right corner of the vehicle sticker there is a number. Mine says 1GA0034355. Is that my car number or is it the last five of the vin?
I don't believe that is the complete VIN. If you have the complete Vin it will be the last 4 or currently last 5 digits.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK guys, of course I have the vin. What I'm asking is there are two sets of numbers assigned to the car. Which one is it? So far more votes are for the last 5 numbers of the vin. These numbers can be repeated. So they are not unique.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Sorry...I thought that was part of your VIN that you posted...Like Sam posted, your car's # IS the last 5 #'s of the VIN. (or 4 #'s if you have an earlier build).

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well, what is that other number then? It seems to me that it is a unique number that I doubt is going to be repeated.

It was also on the EPA form in the glove box, along with the vin.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you still have your sticker? There should be one on yours. It is in the very far right lower corner. And on the EPA form with the vin. It seems to me that that is the car number. Who started the notion that a repeatable number is the car number?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
117 Posts
OK guys, of course I have the vin. What I'm asking is there are two sets of numbers assigned to the car. Which one is it? So far more votes are for the last 5 numbers of the vin. These numbers can be repeated. So they are not unique.
:hello: I think they started with 910001. So as you can see, the last four digits are 0001. This being the first production camaro sold. Next being 910002. Second production camaro sold. If you follow this reasoning, the larger the VIN# the later your car was produced. The number keeps climbing and will not repeat. :slap:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Do you still have your sticker? There should be one on yours. It is in the very far right lower corner. And on the EPA form with the vin. It seems to me that that is the car number. Who started the notion that a repeatable number is the car number?:rolleyes:
Yes, there's a number like that on my sticker. What exactly are you getting at? It could be some sort of tracking #...who knows. You're VIN is the important #.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
What I'm saying is after the vin gets to 99,999 it starts over at 100,000, then 00,001, so you have 2 00,001's. Maybe that 1GA number is the car number. Is it a coincidence that my number is about right, 34,335? My vin is 33,418. What is your number there?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
What I'm saying is after the vin gets to 99,999 it starts over at 100,000, then 00,001, so you have 2 00,001's. Maybe that 1GA number is the car number. Is it a coincidence that my number is about right, 34,335? My vin is 33,418. What is your number there?

Yes, that # on my sticker is almost 1000 over my vin like yours. Trust me...it's the vin that's important...that's the 1 that's on your car and registration. How do you know that when it get's to 100,000 it wont continue with an extra # (and not go to 00,001)? I don't really know what that # is, but it's not your cars build #.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Progressive numbers only go one way. Of course it is a tracking number! We all have Onstar! "They" know where we go, how fast we go, and how the car is performing. That is what "they" want to know.:)

And it starts with "GA" probably means "Government Accounting".

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Progressive numbers only go one way. Of course it is a tracking number! We all have Onstar! "They" know where we go, how fast we go, and how the car is performing. That is what "they" want to know.:)

alrighty then. I'll have to fabricate my tinfoil hat ASAP. :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts