Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any big stores that carry the Zaino Brand. I would like to pick some up tonight if possible? And what are you feelings/experiences with Zaino?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I used Zaino on my 07 vette and use it regularly on the Camaro. The products are very easy to use (easy application and removal). Zaino is the best I've used and I've tried more than a few!!! I always purchase online - their online store.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
no stores around us carry it... and unless something changed, i don't think you can get it at any parts store type places (Auto Zone, etc). a local speed shop near you may carry it or something. i just get mine at their online store www.zainostore.com it's not immediate, but the shipping is fast and i usually get the stuff in 2-3 days

·
Registered
811 Posts
Are there any big stores that carry the Zaino Brand. I would like to pick some up tonight if possible? And what are you feelings/experiences with Zaino?
Zaino products are absolutely amazing!! They are the best you can get, as long as you don't live in New Jersey where they aren't allowed to sell them. Know why? Because they are BASED in NJ!! That part about Zaino really disappoints me, but their products are awesome!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In regards to the weather when applying Zaino. Should it be early in the morning when it is cool or does it have to be in a shaded area?

·
Registered
140 Posts
In regards to the weather when applying Zaino. Should it be early in the morning when it is cool or does it have to be in a shaded area?
Cool and in the shade if possible, especially when using the clay bar. If the car is too hot the clay will melt and be more difficult to get off.

They have full instructions and tips on the website.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
That is one of the beautiful things about their products. Ideally, I'd apply any product in the shade on cool panels, but you also get GREAT results in direct sunlight :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
As with ANY system, working from a great base helps immensely. Although Zaino does tend to fill in minor scratches, it always is in your best interest to start with the best base finish possible.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Zaino Rocks!

My first experience with it and I love it!

·
Registered
179 Posts
NEVER heard of Zaino

I have been cleaning hobby cars since 1966.. had over 100 hobby cars.. My 2010 shines as well as any pictures posted.. if Zaino is so good, why hasn't Gm offered it in the after sale business dept? They offerd me teflon paint treatment Since my car had been in car shows, i should as Godfather what they use at shows? and why would anyone have to "clay bar" a brand new paint job? Teach me ;) Straighten me out:confused:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've been using Zaino since 2006 and love it! Easy to apply and remove with zero, I repeat ZERO residual. Since I got my Camaro, I learned that it should, even being a new car be clay barred because the car has sat in rail yards, dealer lots and has debris in the finish that is virtually invisible. The secret to see if you have a clean base is to take a regular baggy or sandwich bag, cigarette plastic cover will work too for smokers, put your fingers in it and rub it over the finish. If your surface is clean and pure, you won't feel a thing but if there are rail filings from the train ride, dust particles and other things trapped on the surface, you'll feel it and it needs to be removed. Clay bar will take care of that issue and then you can start with a clean slate or canvas.

I've used a lot of polishes and waxes but Zaino by far is the one I've remained with. Yes, a brand new car can be clayed and probably needs it. I have a good friend who has been in the car restoration and detailing business for over 40yrs and even he told me that it is a prerequisite of his to clay every new car regardless of make, model or money spent to own it.

Also Zaino is the only polish that has people asking me what I use to polish my car. All other cars and polishes I used, I simply got "Nice Car" but the Zaino, people ask what I use, where can they get it and how easy is it to use because they think it must take a lot of work to get the results I have.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thank you

Very nice explanation for this old dog lol Since my car was at shows, I presume someone at GM (Canada) shined it up with somthing...
I wonder, if I would affect it, by throwing some Zanio at it?? :confused:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Very nice explanation for this old dog lol Since my car was at shows, I presume someone at GM (Canada) shined it up with somthing...
I wonder, if I would affect it, by throwing some Zanio at it?? :confused:

Zaino couldn't do anything but enhance I'm sure. If I were you, do the fingers in the plastic bag thing and see what you feel. If you feel a roughness and sediment, you need to clay it and then start applying new polish to it. It's good to clay once a year, especially if the car sits out all year and or while you're at work. The dew and rain, sunshine etc.... things are bound to settle onto the finish and remain there. I know I saw all kind of things in the clay bar when I did mine, including metal filings that I did not see with my eyes and I too came home from the dealership and put some polish on mine, then did the clay bar a few weeks later, and I thought I had a clean and smooth surface before all that. It makes a world of difference for sure.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I will do the plastic check..... my car sits inside all year.... normal mileage will be 1-2000 miles ;)
Sound like me. I'm 2mo's away from a year of ownership and I only have 2200 miles on mine. Garage kept, I wax it when I take it to shows and meets. Had another C5 owner tell me last Sunday mine was just too clean!:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Too clean?

thats funny ... I hope to get driving it to more shows... I have a 1966 L72Pontiac Strato Chief, but no air cond.. I hope Camaro will let me go to cruise night in style.... The old farts around here think 50 mph is fun?? I wanted a multi purpose car

1 - 20 of 23 Posts