Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I just saw a ZL585 Camaro SS...I have never heard of these ever, Whats the scoop on the ZL585?

From the 5 mins of research that I've just done I know the 585 stands for 585hp. And all this is done through a company called SLP? I figured I should coming on here would be the best place to go to find out more about this.

Curiosity is killing me any extra info would be awesome!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have found there are 3 "ZL" dealer options. 1 is a ZL option for the LS's, and 2 for the SS's. It is a power adder option for the cars with a few body mods. I saw one of each at Gordon Chevrolet in Augusta, and they look pretty cool, but they have the same issues as every other SS adding a lot of power.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I have found there are 3 "ZL" dealer options. 1 is a ZL option for the LS's, and 2 for the SS's. It is a power adder option for the cars with a few body mods. I saw one of each at Gordon Chevrolet in Augusta, and they look pretty cool, but they have the same issues as every other SS adding a lot of power.
So you're saying that there is an add-on supercharger option for a base model V6 Camaro from the dealership?

And I thought the ZL1 was rated at 580 hp from the factory...so I guess I'm not getting it. [URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's a SLP (Street Legal Performance) car. SLP took a stock SS from GM and installed their parts on the car.
The ZL585 is techically a Roush car now. Roush bought SLP a couple months ago.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
It's a SLP (Street Legal Performance) car. SLP took a stock SS from GM and installed their parts on the car.
so a contradiction of terms

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
i cant beleive Roush bought SLP??

·
Registered
474 Posts
A local dealer had one of these back in "10". From what I understand they were a very limited edition car. Had preformance enhancements along with suspension and interior upgades. And if I recall correctly they were actually a ZL 575. The dealer here was asking 80k for the car.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
SLP sold the "performance parts" to Roush. SLP "Specialty Vehicles" is still owned by Ed Hamburger
so SLP in still in busniess they just sold there parts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just saw some pics of the 2014 Panther & a couple of photoshopped pics of the 2014 ZL editions on SLP's website. Still looks as good as ever of course, really like the Panther edition, SLP did a great job of choosing appearance modifications for the car and it ways it reminds me of what a modern day Bandit (Smokey & the Bandit) car would be.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts